Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Jun-2009, 00:01
Mille

Unhappy Gutted At Oulton

Its my own fault.. Thought id ask so it does not happen again.

I attempted to do a track day the other week on my fantastic tricked up 996R. 54mm Termis relatively knew. The Trackday was governed to 105db. I blew 107db and that blew my track day out of the water.

Question. I know they do baffles for the exhausts. They did not have anyone there on the day who did. Does anyone know of a contact Tel no where i can get a pair for my Termis. I never want this to happen again. Regards 9rrr
Old 03-Jun-2009, 00:38
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9rrr

I attempted to do a track day the other week on my fantastic tricked up 996R. 54mm Termis relatively knew. The Trackday was governed to 105db. I blew 107db and that blew my track day out of the water.

Question. I know they do baffles for the exhausts. They did not have anyone there on the day who did. Does anyone know of a contact Tel no where i can get a pair for my Termis. I never want this to happen again. Regards 9rrr

Quick question....When did you last have the can's re-packed???

If more than 3 to 4 years ago a fair bit if the packing will be shot, a strip and re-pack could bring it back down to under 105db.

Chris
Old 03-Jun-2009, 09:45
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
as per Chris' comment!!

i ran a full 54mm system for years and didn't have any issues. sounds to me as if it may need some loving
Old 03-Jun-2009, 11:33
Mille

The cans are fairly new. Ive not done many miles on them. I have had the engine blueprinted though. Gas flowed and higher compression pistons.

Could this have been the route cause?
STILL NEED A TEL NO THOUGH BOYS!!
Old 03-Jun-2009, 12:02
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
My bike, a 998r has 20k plus on carbon sleeved termis and can pass a 105 db noise test.
They have never been repacked.

db killers on a bike are a last resort IMHO, sure they are a quick fix but I'd be looking elsewhere to quieten it down.

Have you got carbon or titanium termis? That could make a difference.

Have you got an open clutch?

There are a few other things that could help.

Pull the clutch in at the noise test, ease the revs up to those required by the tester, even a couple of hundred revs over those required can make a significant difference, was the bike fully warmed up?

It's pretty rare for a 748/996/998 to fail a noise test IMHO, I've seen a good few Ducatis with a 60mm system on that could pass a 105db test no probs. 105db is the ACU race limit in the UK IIRC

I'd have something to say if the test conditions were dodgy as well, did any other bikes fail that you might expect to pass?

Been Playing the noise test game for years in motorsport, so many things can affect a noise reading that are nothing to do with the bike being tested.

Ray.

PS if you must bung yer drainpipes up try MHP, 01932 336883

Last edited by Ray : 03-Jun-2009 at 12:08.
Old 03-Jun-2009, 14:43
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Type in "dB Killers" on e-bay and you'll find loads.

I had some in my toolbox "just in case" but have never needed to use them.
At Brands last month a poor soul (who I hed never met) with an SP1 failed the 105dB test so I let him have mine - he passed as a result and was able to do the trackday.
I let him have them for 20quid as that's all they cost. He was made up.
The bike was effing loud before so I'm not surprised he failed.

I suggest you get some.

R
Old 03-Jun-2009, 23:20
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9rrr

Give LouigiMoto a call Rich had some his details are in the are in the adds on here.
Old 04-Jun-2009, 01:36
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
I've got a pair of 48mm DB Killers (for 50mm Termis). That would still leave a couple of millimeters gap, but if you want them for £20 + P&P please PM me.
Old 12-Aug-2009, 23:35
Mille

Guys Ive got the blokes down at MHP to make me some adjustable baffles for my 54mm Termis. They are asking for the dimensions of the exit spouts. Problem is, Im overseas at the minute and have not got access to my bike. Does anyone have the same size Termis as me and could they do me a little favour and give me the sizes inside circumference or radius etc. Please please,
Old 13-Aug-2009, 02:56
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
will check in the morn