Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Jun-2005, 20:23
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
998s - track tyres

A bit of a well worn old topic I know but.......

I'm thinking of either rennsport street or supercorsa pro street (I ride to the track) but the recent MCN test rated Diablo Corsa's better on the track - which made no sense to me?? surely the supercorsa's will be more flickable and have better feel - wouldn't pirelli have made sure they're better on the track than the diablo's

I've used the std diablo's on the track & rennsport street & although the diablo's were good the rennsports were much more agile & the feel was improved as was the grip surprise surprise....

Sooo do I play safe with the Diablo corsa's or buy the supercorsas????

Any advice gratefuly received

ps rennsports were fine in the rain on my 748
Old 06-Jun-2005, 22:44
Bevel Head

Mood: Feel like a Duke...
I would go with Supercorsa SC1 rear and SC2 front, 180mm on rear. I am also trying Metzel Racetec 190mm and I love them (made by Pirelli), even though I might go with 180mm rear on the next set.

Hope this helps.

Ciao
Old 08-Jun-2005, 00:19
Big Twin

Thanks

I'm thinking supercorsa's too but in street comp

racetecs would be my first choice but no street comp - doh
Old 08-Jun-2005, 10:05
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i had street supercorsa's on at brands and were starting to slip around when hot. as you know im not especially fast (best 58) but had no problems when changed to sc1 and sc2's. they work better at higher temps you get on track but wil take longer to get up to temp on the road. i would say go for the sc1/2 option and remember to warm them up for road work.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 10:48
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I currently have Rennsport RS1 & RS2 on my 998 Hybrid, they are tyres I have raced on and are very impressive, but I am looking to change them to Diablo Corsas when they wear out. I have the Diablo Corsas on my R6 and found them to be very good when I took the R6 to Cadwell for a trackday especially as I wasn't using tyre warmers. My GSXR600K2 has Super Corsas fitted in SC1 and SC2 compounds but again at my pace I would say the Diablo Corsas do just as good a job and I will have to find at least another 4 secs a lap off my lap time at Pembrey before the Diablos get anywhere near the point where I would need something with more grip. That would mean a 1m 3 sec lap and as my mate does 1m 4s on Dragon Corsas on his CBR600 Steelie I'm not even sure then that the Diablo Corsas would be at their limit.
Old 13-Jun-2005, 23:41
Big Twin

Thanks Dickie

Skidlids - have to agree - decide on diablo corsa's - can't get the supercorsa streets anyway as they're not out yet

I liked the Renn Streets as they were more flickable on my 748 ( not that I flick that quickly as Dickie saw in Almeria) but my new bike has Mag Marchesini's & it flicks pretty bloody quick as it is!!