Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Apr-2005, 08:00
Montjuic

500 miles yesterday!

I did close to 500 miles yesterday (492 to be exact!) on my ST2. Got absolutely frozen coming home in the early hours of the morning and had to stop 4 times simply to warm my hands and feet up! But.. the point is, the bike was a dream.. cruised effortlessly at 80-90mph for most of the journey. No back or neck ache.. no bum ache...

Just a dream ride... what a remarkable test for the touring nature of the bike. Loads of power to get passed trouble and pretty economical too.

If anyone is considering an ST, well.. this is as good a recommendation as they come!
Old 15-Apr-2005, 10:54
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Nice one, glad you enjoyed it
Old 15-Apr-2005, 12:29
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by Dunks
No back or neck ache.. no bum ache...

Just a dream ride... what a remarkable test for the touring nature of the bike. Loads of power to get passed trouble and pretty economical too.

If anyone is considering an ST, well.. this is as good a recommendation as they come!

Blimey...no aches anywhere? I thought you'd be in "an agony of slipperpain"

Anyway Dunks, what the hell do you think you're doing? We people with ST's know just how good they are. They can tour, they can scratch, they can surprise sporstbikes on trackdays.... But....we have to stick together.

There are folks on this board who see us as the old fogey section of the DSC. The "pipe and slippers" brigade. Some of us have worked for years to dispel this myth doing things like going round the outside of 996's at the Gooseneck at Cadwell...with our panniers on.

Then you pitch up as a 'slipperman'. tsk, tsk, tsk...
Old 15-Apr-2005, 20:22
Montjuic

So.. you know about the Slipperman??
Old 16-Apr-2005, 11:36
Mille

Mood: Relaxed
Hi Dunks

Good to read about you ride on your ST2. Makes a change from the Doom and Gloom topics like flat batteries and non existent rear brakes etc!
Regards
George
Old 16-Apr-2005, 14:35
Mille
Bikes: Ducati ST2

Mood: Fruity
they come with rear brakes?????? I thought that was what the engine was for
Old 17-Apr-2005, 12:29
Mille

Mood: Relaxed
My comment on non existent rear brakes was not intended to be a generality, in fact both my Multistrada and ST3 have quite good rear brakes which are used only at slow speeds anyway.
Perhaps I expressed myself badly. It was just my way of saying how good it was to hear about Dunk's ride on his ST2, being something of a change from all our concerns about flat batteries and ineffectual rear brakes etc. Problems in fact which are quite often and of course quite rightly expressed in DSC postings.
I did myself recently report a flat battery problem which now seems to be sorted.
Regards
George
Old 19-Apr-2005, 13:40
500SD
Bikes: 848 EVO & Multi 1000ds

Mood: When's the sun coming out
Sounds good to me

Like the sound of this 500 miles in one day and no aches, Looking forward to tryin a mates st2 sunday even more now. will give report soon as i can.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 23:54
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

We just rode back from Liverpool (after the TT) and rode all the way back to Salisbury, we stopped once for gas, and once for coffee at Swindon. It was so comfy that the wife nearly fell asleep !
Old 09-Jun-2005, 00:56
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
ST's are a good tool for big miles, especially as i fitted a higher screen and a Sargant seat which was a massive improvement.