Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Sep-2005, 00:55
Mille

Mood: Privileged ...
Brand new Racing windshield ...

I'm about to end the restoration of my 926 Racing 1994.
This part is missing and definitly unavailable in France ...

Any idea or proposal ???

Thanks
Old 05-Sep-2005, 09:18
Montjuic

I bought a factory windscreen 48710091A from Ducati North America a couple of years ago, but it is now listed as obsolete in their database. You might try Ducati UK or Ducati Italy to see if they still have any.

Ermax http://www.ermax.fr/ made windscreens for the factory Ducati team in 1993. If you look at page 105 of the first edition of Carl Fogarty The Complete Racer by Julian Ryder, you can plainly see the Ermax decal on the windscreen.

Another good source is Gustafsson Plastics. They made all of the windscreens for the Fast by Ferracci team. Check out:
http://www.bikescreen.com/proddetail.asp?prod=zzEraldoDucati888`92-`93DouhgPlone
The photo is incorrectly labeled. It is an image of Pascal Picotte's 1994 bike (which I own) at the '94 Daytona 200, where he was on the pole.

Brian
Old 05-Sep-2005, 11:54
Montjuic

Forgive my ignorance!!!

Is the racing windshield a different shape to the standard one? I ask, because we still list a windshield for the 888 which is described as the "original shape".

I don't know if it is still available, but if required I can ask!!

Sandbar
http://www.sandbarcomposites.co.uk
Old 05-Sep-2005, 13:11
Mille

Firstly, thanks for reply ...

According to the French company ERMAX , this reference is obsolete ... I knew, cause I bought the last one from their storage for my Racing 93 ...

I send a query to Gustafsson and expect an answer ...

-------

I confirm that shapes of Strada and Racing mod. are different. The Racing is higher than Strada.

I'm a bit scared about current Ducati spirit regarding our bikes.
Main references are obsolete and I feel a kind of disengagement towards their own famous past.
They passed a new commercial step here in Europe and well known European collectors are anxious.
However, with money ... but independant addicts will be very on trouble for maintenance ...

Phil911@nxious too !!!
Old 20-Dec-2005, 23:21
Mille

Few days ago, I sent an e-mail to the German Comp. "MRA" in order to buy a clear Racing screen.
After few days, I received throughout my local dealer a perfect item referenced : ROCHE REPLICA - 362.0.
Moreover, it is delivered with an adequat synthetical clear rubber plus a pair of clips.

Price : 70 Euros / 83 USD / 47 £ / 113 AUD ...

I enjoy at time the opportunity to find such an item !!!

For european fans, this adress is very professional.
I do not forget to underline the great communication I have had with Gustaffson Plastic Comp. in US. which by the past made POLEN's screens !!!

www.mra.de

Hope it helps ...

Phil911