Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Aug-2005, 11:33
Dibble

CSS - Level 2 - My report ....

Ok, well here goes...

After a weekend of tequila, sambuca, bar-b's and beer I rested my weary mind and body on Monday whilst waiting for my mate Greg to arrive and load the van ....

So van loaded, off to the train station to pick my mate Teresa up and off we go, fairly clean run up, no issues and arrive safely, after a minor detour (suggested by Gregs sat nav) and roll into the B&B www.old-vicarage-laxton.co.uk/bed-breakfast/ to find Ian Harris awaiting our arrival on the drive, along with his new friend "Andy" sporting a lovely 4 inch verical scar on his forehead, I didn't ask ...

So a few phone calls later and dinners arranges, a table for 8 booked and we take a very scenic route (this time I navigated) to a lovely pub and met up with JPM, Lily & BDG for an evening of wine, beer, jack daniels, good food, cheesecake, biscuit bits, coffee and more importantly .. banter .. lots of it and fairly evenly spread around the table, although I think Greg & Andy (non DSC) were a tad shocked that a bunch of Ducatisti were so down to earth and some of the banter was a tad "coarse".

Fast forward to 6am and my alarm goes off, my mouths furry and I jump out of bed forgetting that I hadn't packed any shorts to wear to bed ... not sure Greg appreciated the view ... as we were sharing a twin room ... anyway, down to brekkie where I succeed an covering my cornflakes in salt .. only evident after the first huuuge mouthful ... so moved swiftly on to the coffee and then the cardboard toast, it would appear there had been a miscommunication about breakfast time with our dear landlady ... so we paid our bill and left for Rocky ...

So bikes unloaded, leathers on, more banter .. this time with David Cook who is scrutineering the kit ... and Andy Ibbott who starts taking the mickey as soon as he spots me ... hmmmmph, and me, a celebrity as well ... lol.

The morning goes quite quickly, new drill, new classroom sessions, more banter, bike alarm plays up and annoys everyone in the paddock and then its lunchtime ...

The only downer in the morning was some close passing, some of which brought JPM in early from session three but the day was soon back on track ...

So back out we go in the afternoon, Tess says she is really enjoying the day, which is especially pleasing for me as shes the closes thing I have to a sister and I've bought her the day and a rental R^ to thank her for being there for me, and she getting quicker by the session .. my favorite quote of the day was "I knew i was going really quick when I lookd down and saw how close the tarmac was" ... cool ...

I learnt loads, everyone was smiling by the end of the day, my mate Greg did well on his intructor assessment but wasn't quite "there", Lily was going great guns, JPM was looking quick as ever and BDG wasn't hanging about (or off) either .. lol .. Andy was glad to have some new mates for the day and also JPMs mate Ed from Visordown joined our clan in the day ...

What with TP being there, Chris Butcher working, Butcher senior popping in lunchtime and generally getting great weather, great track time, just 3 offs i think, no one hurt and an easy drive home made for a cracking trip .....

Roll on Levels 3 & 4 ...

(Oh, and I really like the National circuit at Rockingham again)

I would also like to thank MW for ALMOST popping in to see us .. lol .... I'll let him explain ..
Old 12-Aug-2005, 11:34
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP

Morning mate

Glad you had a good day.
Old 12-Aug-2005, 11:38
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Sounds like a goodun, I cant wait for my next instalment of CSS.
Old 12-Aug-2005, 11:48
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I'd forgotten about about the MW saga... can't wait for that one to be public knowledge!

Was a great evening and day by all accounts, I couldn't get to grips with that lean machine R6, not ridden a jap bike (IL4) since 2000 and trying to get used to a standard/road shift pattern again didn't help matters.

Personally I can't wait for levels 3 and 4 now, pity I can't make Laguna as it's full
Old 12-Aug-2005, 11:49
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Personally I can't wait for levels 3 and 4 now, pity I can't make Laguna as it's full

Well that's great news!

I like this thread, very positive
Old 12-Aug-2005, 11:50
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Nice one Dibbs - what did you learn??
Old 12-Aug-2005, 11:53
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler

I learnt that I'm not quite as ****e as I thought and that a corner is just a corner, not a mortal enemy, even that huuuuge left hander, at one point I was bouncing off the kerbs for the fun of it .. haven't laughed that hard in my lid for ages ...

Also the "pick up drill" taught me how to get Rattler style trackday photos ... lol
Old 12-Aug-2005, 11:55
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Also the "pick up drill" taught me how to get Rattler style trackday photos ... lol

LMAO
Old 12-Aug-2005, 12:03
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Quote:

I learnt that I'm not quite as ****e as I thought and that a corner is just a corner, not a mortal enemy, even that huuuuge left hander, at one point I was bouncing off the kerbs for the fun of it .. haven't laughed that hard in my lid for ages ...

So where are the pics then? Was picman around?
Old 12-Aug-2005, 12:04
MotoGP God

Quote:
So where are the pics then? Was picman around?

Picman was there. He lent me a cable to charge my phone ... which didn't work unfortunately ...