Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Aug-2005, 13:28
500SD

Well they are now telling me they will have all the info at the end of this week!!Obviously the earlier I know this helps me with arranging flights down south and bike transport....Feckin english!!(no offence)
Old 17-Aug-2005, 13:46
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
you could always do a scottish track day at...................er..............em........... .oh yeah, great!

[Edited on 17-8-2005 by andyb]
Old 17-Aug-2005, 13:50
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
How much have 100% insured your bike for???

That's another concern some quote £6K but obviously most Duke's are going to be above this value
Old 17-Aug-2005, 14:17
BSB Star

The company 100% use is the same bloke that does focussed. its simon at motofreight.

His phone number is 07841 376980

or simon@motofreight.wannadoo.co.uk

It is a difficult one, i know it will be insured but obviously a gsxr is cheaper than a duke. I suspect your own insurance would also cover.

Its not as if he a chancer though, he does this for a living for all the companies. The bikes sit in proper made crates and dont move. You also get a pallet space for your kit and bits,tyres etc........although you take your helmet on the plane with you.
Old 17-Aug-2005, 14:27
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
How mcuh space is there around the bike etc in a crate, I'm guessing you could quite easily get some tyres in there, spares, tools etc? maybe even leathers...
Old 17-Aug-2005, 17:53
500SD

Andy I still cant get confirmation on the flight times!!!!Only seems to be booking clerks there.............
Old 18-Aug-2005, 00:29
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by berto
Andy I still cant get confirmation on the flight times!!!!Only seems to be booking clerks there.............

I didnt realise i was running this excurtion?

I guess we will have to wait.
Old 18-Aug-2005, 00:31
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
How mcuh space is there around the bike etc in a crate, I'm guessing you could quite easily get some tyres in there, spares, tools etc? maybe even leathers...

There is quite a bit of space. If your clever you can strap wheels and tyres to the bike, along with a box of bits etc.....

I understand there is also space for your kit leathers etc.
Old 18-Aug-2005, 00:49
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
ride your bloody bike lol

Here is an extract from my testimonials from a guy who came a few weeks ago to the ring !

What a brilliant weekend,The ring is well worth a visit.It has everything from slow to fast bends,uphill downhill, a biker,s dream. I have been doing trackdays for the last 8 years and this was the best yet.I normally do a trackday at JereZ every year but will now change to the Nurburgring.Keith does a good job of leading you there and generally looking after you leaving you to concentrate on the track.The Hotel is very quiet but has good food.Cochem is well worth a visit and has some good roads en route.We can,t wait to get back and have another GO! peter cocks

just do it!
Old 19-Aug-2005, 00:51
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
I live in Germany so all the tracks I go on are foreign.
We have some good, well organised track days here and one of the best is Prospeed. http://www.prospeed.de/ . I am at Hockenheim on Wednesday with Prospeed (sponsored by Michellin-free tyres) and will ask if they can translate their website. At the end of the month we're off Mugello, costs for 3 days track time is €419 thats about 284 quid

If your interested I could translate the site for you. Termin means calendar for instance