Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Nov-2006, 21:57
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
If you want a fast idle button, that's all the lever is on the left hand lever, you can fit a 996 throttle and cable.

Rgds,

Rob
Old 24-Nov-2006, 22:00
Montjuic

Very nice bike Dave. Just not so sure about the frame colour, white just seems so right. As for no fast idle you'll get used to that, just wait until the clutch drags a bit when cold and no fast idle that gets a bit annoying!!
And Fred your rear brake is a mod, which is one of those mods I would do to mine one day.
I wonder how many sp4 owners are on this site now?

Mike.
Old 24-Nov-2006, 22:02
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred888
Oh my god! An SP4 in the rain!! Are you mad!!!
I noticed the rear brake caliper sits on top of the swing arm. On my SP4 it's hung undeneath and secured with an alloy rod to the crankcases. Can anyone shed light on the difference? I seem to remember horror stories about the alloy rods breaking and the caliper jamming on. (or was that the carbon fibre version)

Oh, and of course... very nice bike mate!

I think that the version above the disc was the one with the later models (SP5 has that set up I believe).
Old 24-Nov-2006, 22:05
Montjuic

P.S I'm dead jealous I've been wanting to post pictures of my bike for ages but can't do it because of the size. Maybe one day!!

Mike
Old 24-Nov-2006, 23:55
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pguenet
I think that the version above the disc was the one with the later models (SP5 has that set up I believe).

The opposite applies. The original SP4 set-up was caliper above the swing-arm. SP5 was below. (I've seen one or two SP4's with the underslung caliper though - don't know why).

The lack of fast idle can be a pain. It means you have to keep a hand on the throttle for the first few minutes or it'll die. You can't just leave the bike ticking over whilst you get ready to ride.

...and Sod's Law dictates that after you've moved the car from the drive, fumbled with all six locks on the garage door, removed all the chains holding the bike to the ground, pulled out the bike from the garage and parked it on the road, closed and relocked the padlocks, put the car back on the drive, put on your helmet/gloves and zipped up your jacket...

..the damn thing won't start 'cause the battery's gone flat! Ahh! The joys. (Now where's my Honda keys!)
Old 25-Nov-2006, 05:24
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred888
Oh my god! An SP4 in the rain!! Are you mad!!!
I noticed the rear brake caliper sits on top of the swing arm. On my SP4 it's hung undeneath and secured with an alloy rod to the crankcases. Can anyone shed light on the difference? I seem to remember horror stories about the alloy rods breaking and the caliper jamming on. (or was that the carbon fibre version)

Oh, and of course... very nice bike mate!

that was the carbon fibre one, they recalled them and put alloy ones on cos if you rolled backwards and jumped on the back brake the rod bowed and broke.
i was under the impression all sp's had an under slung rear caliper, that looks like a strada set up.
also, the first 851 (tri-colour) had a silver frame with a silver hoop, the first red ones had a white frame and a white hoop, then the white frame with a yellow hoop. the 93 888 had a bronze frame and yellow hoop and the 94 888 had a bronze frame and bronze hoop.......think that's right.....
Old 25-Nov-2006, 08:04
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeveetwin
The opposite applies. The original SP4 set-up was caliper above the swing-arm. SP5 was below. (I've seen one or two SP4's with the underslung caliper though - don't know why).
Mine was with the caliper below and I changed it because I also thought that the caliper above was the normal set-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeveetwin
The lack of fast idle can be a pain. It means you have to keep a hand on the throttle for the first few minutes or it'll die. You can't just leave the bike ticking over whilst you get ready to ride.

I'm not doing this. When I go for a ride, I start the bike and I'm gone.
Quick gear shifting to get it warm and then...
Old 25-Nov-2006, 08:55
Mille

i fit a 916 type throttle with the fast idle to mine, had to use a 916 cable to make it work and also ditched the lever on the lhs bar.
Old 25-Nov-2006, 12:11
Mille

I believe the underslung brake was a dealer fit optional extra on the SP4, and the Strada for that matter.
On the SP5 they made it standard.
So, the SP4 is correct with either.
Old 25-Nov-2006, 12:29
Mille

interesting.............
although, it's hard enough getting a stea, whoops!, ahem, dealer, to show any interest in anything other than fleecing you of your cash, let alone offer anything as an option!!!
in oz that is..