Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Aug-2009, 10:18
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Looks like it could be a go-er folks. I have a photography thing that weekend but it's a 2-dayer and I could miss a day.

I'll try and get media accreditation for the event so I can be trackside for the racing too. Which day of either Sat or Sun would be best for the shot to work (with the riders and the meeting/circuit organisers)????

Sunday is always best as some don't do the none points saturday

Be great if you can make it Guy.
Old 21-Aug-2009, 10:18
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Looks like it could be a go-er folks. I have a photography thing that weekend but it's a 2-dayer and I could miss a day.

I'll try and get media accreditation for the event so I can be trackside for the racing too. Which day of either Sat or Sun would be best for the shot to work (with the riders and the meeting/circuit organisers)????

Possibly more riders on the Sunday due to it being points scoring, as Saturday isn't.
Old 21-Aug-2009, 10:44
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
[quote=Guido]Looks like it could be a go-er folks. I have a photography thing that weekend but it's a 2-dayer and I could miss a day.quote]

That is great news indeed Guy,

I agree that the Sunday is probally better as said earlier thread.

Craig
Old 26-Aug-2009, 17:36
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
I was talking to Paul from PLJ at CC and he said he'd be more than happy to to get a track pass and take some pics of us at Cadwell. He can speak to the powers that be there and arrange it, he thought the mountain idea was good but mentioned that there is a gantry above the start/finish line he could take a shot or 2 from, maybe with the top 3 A + B bikes and us lot gathered round looking up.

What do people think?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 26-Aug-2009, 18:49
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
I think thats a great idea but I would have to say we should give Guy ( Cope Images )the first shout on this being a member of the DSC and past photo Guy of our DSC track attacks.

Craig
Old 27-Aug-2009, 09:15
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Guy did a great start line shot of one of the first trackdays at Cadwell. I'll try and dig it out and post it unless someone beats me to it.
Old 27-Aug-2009, 10:49
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
3/4 October is the Dave Holland Memorial event so it will be busy with old racers, (very possibly me included). On Saturday there will be a band in the canteen (not me) and fireworks and a comedy surf board for naked pi55ed riders to fall off in style. Last time was a superb weekend, one of the best racing weekends I have ever experienced.

Mark at Holbeach organises everything and has been busy on the phone trying to persude people like me to dust the cobwebs off the bikes and come and have a laugh. If you are an ex racer with no ACU or New Era membership, it is still possible to get a day membership to race on the day, or simply come along, get drunk, sleep in the car and watch the DD boys and girls.

WeeJohnyB
Old 27-Aug-2009, 12:16
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Always a cracking weekend of racing, perfect way to round off the year!!

I miss that Cadwell vibe.
Old 27-Aug-2009, 13:18
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Last year was fkin brilliant in the club house, the guy in the green mankini certainly had some bottle. Was going to say bollox but wouldn't seem quite PC.
Old 27-Aug-2009, 14:11
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint
Guy did a great start line shot of one of the first trackdays at Cadwell. I'll try and dig it out and post it unless someone beats me to it.

Hi Murray Mint,

Twasn't me that took the startline shots. That was Gary from Picman (Picture Management) when he used to cover the DSC trackday.

Tis easy enough to do tho assuming the time we can get access to track and gantry fits in with where the sun is (if any) on the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
I think thats a great idea but I would have to say we should give Guy ( Cope Images )the first shout on this being a member of the DSC and past photo Guy of our DSC track attacks.

Craig

Many thanks Craig.

I'm happy either way. I know Paul's at New Era meets every round so he might have more sway than me with the organisers if they're a bit anti any deviation from the normal chain of events at a track meeting.

If people want me there, then I'm happy to go for accreditation and make the day, but equally if everyone's happy with Paul from PLJ, I'm not going to cry about it and kick up a fuss

Regards, Guy

www.copeimages.com

WeeJohnyB, Best instructor out there http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/