Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Oct-2009, 14:59
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Anglesey First Timer

Wow, what a great little circuit and not so little anymore. I have been to the old one many times, but never got around to going to the new one until the weekend.

It's a long way to go for most of us, but worth it, especially if you do a 2 dayer as we did - one day on the shorter and one day on the longer circuit. Still no garages, so you need to bring cover of some kind. The weather can turn very quickly as it is on the coast and we had sun, wind and rain over the two days so went from dry track to soaking wet and with the addition of a very strong wind it made it quite exciting.

The track itself has everthing from long straight, to tight little corners, to fast sweepers and several corners than remind me of other circuits, but the main talking point is their version of the corkscrew which is not to the scale of Laguna Seca but fun nonetheless. I took my car out at lunch time and had it sideways coming out of the corkscrew, wee hee!

Reminds me of Cadwell - great people/atmosphere/up hill and down dale/technichal in parts/no garages/bar with friendly bar staff - It would make a great place for the DSC trackday, but might put off a few with the long drive.

Well worth a visit if you have never been. I liked it so much I am back there again 5&6 December...brrrr, take warm clothes! (or just do the sighting laps in my car then sit in the cow shed drinking tea!)

WeeJohnyB
Old 26-Oct-2009, 17:02
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
We did it with DD for the first time this year, I ranks as my fave circuit also. 200 miles from Coventry tho'
Old 01-Nov-2009, 20:25
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
I really want to do a 2 dayer here next year....looks great

DSC should go here not Cadwell - primarily because it's nearer Brighton..:-)