Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Aug-2003, 23:03   #1
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
More Niggles.
While out and about today,I was indulging in some "spirited" cornering.I found the first thing to touch on the left was the footpeg.The right hand side had the exhaust guard,brake lever and footpeg down.I was a bit p!ssed off about grounding the brake lever as it had dug in somewhere and bent it around my foot!New lever it is then!
When I got home I found that the rear reflector had done a runner.It looks like it had touched the rear tyre as the suspension compressed and flew off.I also found two oil leaks,a weap from the filler cap,and another from a sensor bolted to the crankcases.
Now wheres that warranty book?
Old 18-Aug-2003, 11:29   #2
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Keefyboy, couple of youir 'niggles' have a ring of familiarity. Just back last night from weekend at Ulster GP to find slight dribble of oil down nearside of crankcase eminating from sensor. Also twice after long 'spirited' runs I found the rear refelector bracket bent back on itself such that refelector facing into tyre! In both situations I hadn't got off bike other than for fuel so definitely didn't back bike into anything nor could anyone have bumped into it as it was never parked unattended. I too could only conclude that suspension was compressing to extent that bracket/bolt fixings were catching on tyre and hence being pulled inwards. Since then however I fitted smaller number plate and redrilled refelector mounting bracket such that it there is now greater clearance between it and tyre. Since doing so I've not had a repeat.
Have you had any trouble with front indicators? Mine seem to have developed an intermittent fault whereby they take it in turns to refuse to work! Last night on way back from Stranraer ferry terminal headlight refused to work on anything other than full beam. Irritating or what? Even more so when in last 5years I've had a 750ss and 996, all bought new, with not the slightest hint of any problem between servicing! That said I love MS better than both of them together, it really is a belting bike!
PS Panniers just arrived before I went away as did 'touring' screen which worked brilliantly. not too impressed with quality of panniers though. The lids don't fit tight enough to effect a water tight seal against rubber gasket. Thank god for bin bags!
Old 18-Aug-2003, 12:57   #3
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
I spoke to Monty yesterday,and he says its a common fault for the rear reflector bolts to catch on the rear tyre.I'll get a new one and a smaller plate.
I have'nt any problems with the indicators yet,although the one on my 999 have a mind of their own.
Which screen are you using?The comfort screen or the comfort screen with the extra double bubble?I find the standard screen is way too low and its a pain in the neck (literally) to sustain high speeds.
Old 18-Aug-2003, 13:10   #4
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
wondered how my reflector thingy had bent, couldnt work it out!. as above got rid of all that rubbish when fitting new plate/plate holder. i've got the dp racing screen without the muppet light on the front. makes a big difference and smooths the front up too.
Old 19-Aug-2003, 13:21   #5
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Got the 'Comfort Screen with Spoiler' as it's defined in the DP catalogue. Makes a big difference as dickie-d says. Took bike in this morning to Dealer to get lights sorted and hopefully also minor oil leak.
Anyone else any problems with accessory delivery timescales? I'm still waiting on rear hugger, belly-pan, pillion seat cover, comfort seat, centre-stand and carbon Termi's which were all ordered back in May! Dealer says Ducati UK can't give definitive date for delivery! What's the point in enticing us to buy lots of add-ons from a brochure when it takes 3months+ to come up with the goods? Hardly a shining example of engendering good customer relations.