Ducati Sporting Club UK
Alarms and Related Security
For the discussion of Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Ground Anchors and other forms of motorcycle security.

Old 18-Jan-2006, 21:17
Bevel Head

installing datatool 3 alarm

anyone know a good bike mechanic who could install a datatool 3 alarm around London or Cambridge? on a 2003 749s?
Old 18-Jan-2006, 21:25
Bevel Head

i'll tell u when i have it physically. theres no point boasting before i actually have it. but i do need to fit an alarm though
Old 18-Jan-2006, 23:59
Big Twin

I watched the bloke from Carole Nash fit mine, and it was very simple. If youve got the right tools etc I would have thought a diyer would do it in less than 2 hours? Thinking bout it though do you not have to have it fitted by a pro to get a certificate? I hate the things but they made me have one fitted, its not nice to see someone cutting through you loom with a stanley knife!

By the way, something I have noticed with the datatooll 3 was that when the bloke fitted it I had the bike ready for him on the rear paddock stand however if I leave the bike on the sidestand it emits an annoying peep every few seconds. Of course this is because the bike is at an angle and thinks its being tampered with, so if you mostly leave your bike on the sidestand then get the bloke to set it up so it does not keep peeping at you.

Its annoying really as I end up having the alarm set on ferry mode all the time which means it can be moved about without any peeping or alarm sounds. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having one fit though! My bedroom is directly over the garage though and I have 2 large dogs that have the run of the house and garage day and night though so I should be ok.
Old 17-Feb-2006, 21:13
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello megalite

Not sure if you still need an alarm fitted, But I used this guy David Ashford -Smith about 4yrs ago he was at the Ally Pally, so I guess still fitting alarms.

http://www.elitemotorcycleservices.co.uk/

regards

TopiToo
Old 18-Feb-2006, 19:50
Mille

Hi, I've got a datatool on mine, and apparently there's two ways they can be set up, basically if moved it will go off, or if moved doesn't go off, but is still immobilised, mine is set to the second option, so i can kick it off side stand and wheel it down the drive (nothing goes off) but as soon as i put the key in it will go off, I personally don't like this option, as i'd prefer it to go off with the slightest knock, anyone know how i can get this changed, or someone down saff that can help out?? cheers

Steve
Old 18-Feb-2006, 19:57
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Should be 2 buttons on the remote. One button you use to turn the alarm on and off. Press and hold the other button for about 5 seconds. Alarm should sound 1 long low tone beep and the tamper setting should now be on.

Only problem is that the bike will bleep every 30 seconds or so to let you know it's in the anti tamper mode .... only problem I have with this is the sound it makes at night on a quiet street .... dead give a way that there is a bike in my garage
Old 18-Feb-2006, 20:00
Mille

Ah nice one, cheers mate, will give that a go tomorrow, see what you mean about dead give away though.. cheers again..
Old 18-Feb-2006, 21:24
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Interesting. When I had the imob' fitted to the SB8 (another Carol Nash insisted, jobbie) the fitter couldn't find any space to fit the datatool imob'/alarm, all £299 pounds worth. The alternative was a simple, cheaper, smaller, neater imob' only product. There was no mention of the option as they where insisting I have something fitted to enable cover.