Old 13-Jan-2004, 09:51
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Not when the 'one' is a Multistrada!
You should know that KB.
Go on FS you know it makes sense.
Old 20-Jan-2004, 20:14

Mood: variable
I went to have another look at the ST2 on Saturday morning to see if I was moved one way or the other.
I arrived just in time to see it disappearing with its new owner on board. No sinking feeling so that confirmed my thoughts on that one (more to do with the salesman than the bike).

I had a look at a Triumph Speed Triple last night but it had too much history when HPI'd (legit bike) for me tobe comfortable with. The Multistrada also feels much more secure on cold damp roads.

The only thing I still can`t get my head around is service costs on Ducati's, and which is the better purchase ,second hand or new and make the most of the finace deal and try for some extras.

The money is burning a hole in my pocket and it's hard not to make a rash decision.

Cheers
Old 20-Jan-2004, 20:25
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
Derek,

Just checked the Ducati UK website and there is a 0% finance deal on new Multistrada's until March 31st.

I guess you'll need to look at total amounts payable now to see which is the cheaper option.

Decisions decisions!

Cheers!

Scott
Old 03-Mar-2004, 20:24

Confession time.

I've finally agreed on another bike.

It is a vee twin

It is Italian.

But it's not a Ducati (this time).

It's a Moto Guzzi V11 Sport (2000).

If money was no object then I would have had a Multistrada, but that's not the case.

I couldn't justify the expense when there are two other bikes in the garage already.

So I've gone back to a bike I first looked at two years ago but never managed to get a test ride together, this time it fell into place no bother.

Maybe there is such a thing as Karma.

Please look after the Multistradi you have as I could well be looking for a nice one carefull owner bike in a couple of years time.

Thanks for all the advice and happy riding.

Fieldsheer (Derek)
Old 04-Mar-2004, 11:50
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
That's two converts lost this week!

What is going wrong with the World?

And you were worried about servicing/running costs of a Ducati and then you go and buy a Moto-Guzzi?
S'pose there's some consolation that it's an Italian twin but disappointing nonetheless.

Good Luck anyway FS!
Old 05-Mar-2004, 11:30
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
I am still here, if the MT meeting this Saturday ends in time for me to get back and into the dealers I could be put my signature on a piece of paper??
Old 11-Mar-2004, 20:50

Luckywhiteheather I'm hoping the Guzzi will be cheaper to service as it only has two valve heads and locknut adjustment on the valves so no shims to change. I might even get my hands dirty again and service it myself and get the dealer to check the fuel injection settings.

The Strada will have to wait, buying the Guzzi has left a bit of money in the bank which leaves me a bit of freedom in other areas.

Cheers,
Fieldsheer