Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Oct-2004, 10:49
500SD

Mood: Corners like a Lego man
Went for a spin on Ducati Aylesbury (aka OYB) MS 1000 DS (04) yesterday. The demo bike has termis on and to my shock and horror - I didn't like them at all !! The sound of the cans was really annoying and I felt that after a short while I'd get a headdache from the strange droning at the back. I don't know if other after market exhausts sound different on the MS - I hope they do!

Also the demo bike has a centre stand - it will gradually get worn away on left handers though

Principle reason for the test was for two up handling/performance etc. and the bike proved itself admirably. My wife felt much more relaxed and comfortable on the MS compared to the Monster and even travelling the same roads and same speeds, I had far less 'rib-digging' on the MS. The only complaint she had was that the wind flow buffeted her at the top of the shoulders and at speeds above 75mph (only in Europe of course!) became a little uncomfortable.

Result of all this is I pick up an 04 Multistrada in 2 weeks time - and it's red of course
Old 03-Oct-2004, 11:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Eamonn I hope to see you out on it soon then, when you say two weeks time will that be Saturday the 16th, if so I may have to ride over to OYB to see the look on your face when your handed over the Keys. If not then you will have to come out one evening, either Fox's on a Monday or the Riverside Cafe at Benson or England Rose Postcombe on either a Wednesday or Thursday, if Dave and Kev bring their MSs they can compare the changes to the later model.
Kev now has a bellypan on his as well as the hand gaurds.

See you soon Kev
Old 03-Oct-2004, 12:50
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
I made the huge mistake of buying a GSXR 6 (a crime in itself) from OYB a few years ago when i was living in Aylesbury.

The comments about the sales department not giving a t055 is spot on, once they have your cash you are a nobody as far as they are concerned.

My new 749 dark came with first service labour free from Ducati Glasgow and that was without haggling, i had the service done at 620 when the light came on and it came to £40 for the lubes.

The only way to teach OYB a lesson is to vote with your wallet and take your business elsewhere, they have been like this for years and will never improve, it is a numbers game to them as the waiting list for servicing proves......I for one was shocked they got the Ducati franchise.

Unproffesional is an understatment
Old 03-Oct-2004, 15:13
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Quote:
Originally posted by Eamonn
Went for a spin on Ducati Aylesbury (aka OYB) MS 1000 DS (04) yesterday. The demo bike has termis on and to my shock and horror - I didn't like them at all !! The sound of the cans was really annoying and I felt that after a short while I'd get a headdache from the strange droning at the back. I don't know if other after market exhausts sound different on the MS - I hope they do!

Also the demo bike has a centre stand - it will gradually get worn away on left handers though
Principle reason for the test was for two up handling/performance etc. and the bike proved itself admirably. My wife felt much more relaxed and comfortable on the MS compared to the Monster and even travelling the same roads and same speeds, I had far less 'rib-digging' on the MS. The only complaint she had was that the wind flow buffeted her at the top of the shoulders and at speeds above 75mph (only in Europe of course!) became a little uncomfortable.

Result of all this is I pick up an 04 Multistrada in 2 weeks time - and it's red of course

Welcome to the Numpty Club Eamonn

Sandra loves it as a pillion, the DP screen should sort the wind blast. Thanks for the feedback on the Termis, mine are being fitted next week
Warning, your wife will be able to see the speedo
Old 03-Oct-2004, 19:36
Mille

Mood: not a happy bunny
blimey these multistrada's are getting popular, i pick my new black one up on tuesday!!, i can't wait and even the wife will go on the back of it.:P
Old 04-Oct-2004, 18:45
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Quote:
Originally posted by dave s
blimey these multistrada's are getting popular, i pick my new black one up on tuesday!!, i can't wait and even the wife will go on the back of it.:P

Thats because people know a good thing when they see it
Old 04-Oct-2004, 18:53
Ducati Corse

Eamonn ...

Quote:
The sound of the cans was really annoying and I felt that after a short while I'd get a headdache from the strange droning at the back. I don't know if other after market exhausts sound different on the MS - I hope they do!
Heard a MS on twin Remus cans yesterday and it sounded really great - Kev and I both noticed how more mellow it was; not sure if they were street legal but I wouldn't think so. Worth considering
Old 05-Oct-2004, 11:34
everton

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottyB

The only way to teach OYB a lesson is to vote with your wallet and take your business elsewhere, they have been like this for years and will never improve, it is a numbers game to them as the waiting list for servicing proves......I for one was shocked they got the Ducati franchise.

Unproffesional is an understatment

Well I'd like to say what utter b*ll*cks. Just phoned OYB today to try and get my MS in again for its first service (my fault not theirs) - all booked in on the day I wanted.

I guess you guys (not you Kev) have no idea what it is to run a business and that developing vendor/customer relationships can be instrumental to a long and happy business arrangement.

Maybe too many people expect something for nothing.

BTW - OYB had to conform to the Ducati dealership process, being Ducati's modus operandi today, at some expense to them.