Ducati Sporting Club UK
Alarms and Related Security
For the discussion of Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Ground Anchors and other forms of motorcycle security.

Old 23-May-2006, 19:35
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Datatool system 3 - how do you put it in service mode

I have a datatool system 3 alarm on the 749. It has a sensor on the left hand fairing that sets of the alarm when the panel is removed.

Is there a setting on the alarm that will allow me to remove the fairing side without setting the alarm off
Old 23-May-2006, 19:50
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Turn the Alarm of and turn on the ignition,then press the same small button again with the ignition on,hear the bleeps then turn of the ignition and its in service mode.the alarm will bleep ever 5/10 seconds. You can then do what ever even disconect the battery etc. 4D
Old 23-May-2006, 19:53
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
Originally posted by Fordie
Turn the Alarm of and turn on the ignition,then press the same small button again with the ignition on,hear the bleeps then turn of the ignition and its in service mode.the alarm will bleep ever 5/10 seconds. You can then do what ever even disconect the battery etc. 4D

Can I do it so that it does not bleep every 10 seconds ... really annoying
Old 23-May-2006, 19:58
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Not that I know off Carbon. There are a number of differant "tunes " the alarm will sound , mine does a double bleep,im going to change that next time as you say it drive you made when close up giving it a wash m wax 4D
Old 23-May-2006, 20:02
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Duct tape over the damm thing , REALLY shuts them up!
Old 14-Jan-2007, 15:33
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Hmmmm....I hope the duct tape thing works, I'll give it a go. I just took the battery off my 888 to rob it for my ST.

Obviously I forgot to put it into service mode first and had to reconnect the battery and run into the house to get the keys. When I put it into service mode and took the battery off again, it gives out a couple of bleeps every 15 seconds, just like Fordie's.

The bike is not too far from my neighbours kitchen window, so I can't have the bugger going off like that until the internal alarm battery runs down...

I'll try the gaffer tape

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 14-Jan-2007, 16:18
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Glad to be here
I've got a similar thing with my wife's Hornet. Her switch is on the seat so as to protect the alarm unit, which sits under there. If I want to remove her seat, which would normally activate the alarm, I disarm the alarm as usual, and before it rearms, I remove the seat. The alarm then doesn't go off. I then either let the alarm rearm automatically, or rearm it myself, then press the large button. This puts it into ferry mode which means it's armed, but the motion sensor is disabled. Now I can fiddle under the seat or move the bike around. I use ferry mode whenever I clean it too as you can move the bike without the alarm going off, and you don't get the annoying service beep.
When I removed the battery the alarm did sound but I just pressed the disable button and it shut up.
Hope that helps.
Old 14-Jan-2007, 18:00
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Got a Datatool Evo, with that one you can fully arm it then press the Triangle(left button) & it will put it into ferry mode, ie you can work on it, move it etc, but just do not turn the ignition on, will set the alrm off.

Chris