Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Jul-2003, 14:40
Montjuic

916 Service Manual pdf? and info requird

Hi

Having just bought a 98 916 BP I am after a service manual in pdf for it can any one help?

Also, I will be stripping the panels off it and claening to my 'anal' state of perfection any tips as to what to look for and adjust, cush drive etc?

Cheers
Old 09-Jul-2003, 15:22
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Welcome.

Ducati's official web site contains product information, technical articles, parts lists, and manuals.

http://www.ducati.com/

You need to get the Ducati Owner's Manual for your bike. The Owner's Manuals for the 2000 to 2003 model year bikes are available for download. The Owner's Manual for the new superbikes are essentially the same as the one for your bike.

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/manuals.jhtml

Buy a Haynes Service & Repair Manual for your bike, even if you don't plan on making repairs yourself. I guarantee that you'll refer to it regularly and it'll save its price many times over. Ducati dealers also sell a shop manual containing similar information at a premium price.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/inc/keywords.asp?keyword=Ducati

Take your time and learn your bike. Then you'll have some very specific questions and a search on this message board will be informative. Diving into a complex, expensive motorcycle with a screwdriver, a spanner, a snippet of impressive-sounding advice off the internet or from your neighborhood garage mechanic, and no manual, is a very risky business.

As a start, do a search of the new and old message board on "rockers", "regulator", "filter", "tyre", "oil", "timing belt", "fuel", "octane", "flywheel", "clutch", "chain" etc.

Oh ... and join in the Ducati Sporting Club activities.
Old 09-Jul-2003, 15:46
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
You can get the Haynes manual online from Amazon for 18.99

It's not brilliant (are any Haynes manuals?) but a good guide on how to pull things apart!
Old 09-Jul-2003, 17:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
You have a U2U
Old 09-Jul-2003, 23:22
Montjuic

Thanks and Wow!

Thanks for the info, I have a minter has only done 3100 miles.

I have owned a lot of bikes but I have to say having just got in from it's maiden voyage with me as the pilot it is the most intense and amazing feeling riding this marque and this bike. It is just so smooth and stable. I LOVE IT!
Old 10-Jul-2003, 13:16
Ducati Corse

I have a couple of spare hard copies of the factory service amnual if you want one.Drop me a mail.