Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Oct-2006, 19:47   #1
Montjuic

Fairing repair, is it worth it?
Hi there, I've got an '94 Strada, which is generally in very good condition.. however, one thing that is bugging me at the moment is the left-hand fairing.

The bike looks like it has been dropped at some point, resulting in a couple of minor scrapes and cracks in the left hand fairing panel. It's the sort of thing that probably isn't noticable unless you know it is there (in all honesty, had the previous owner not pointed it to out me, I probably wouldn't have noticed it myself in my eagerness )

So - I guess the question is, is it worth getting the fairing repaired..? I have no concept how much it would cost for the necessary plastic repair (I'd suspect it would fall under the category of "minor repair") and subsequent respraying/decaling/laquering. Has anybody here had any experience of this, with whom, and how well did they manage to colour match?

Given the scarceness of bodywork, I suspect it may be as cheap to get the work done, as to source a replacement panel.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-Oct-2006, 21:04   #2
500SD

Panels are still available from various suppliers,I recently bought a new,boxed right side fairing from Germany for £35,(unpainted).Decals are also available.Usually appearing on ebay frequently.Its practically impossible to match new to 12 year old paint,Price obviously varies,A complete respray,tank,fairing,seat etc cost me under £500,from Capital Sign in Cheshire.A fantastic job.www.capital-sign.co.uk The bike was/is in the gallery section.

Last edited by aka.eric : 11-Oct-2006 at 21:09.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 01:07   #3
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
That sounds like a good price for what looks like a quality job. I might ask them for a price to paint my single seat as they aren't too far away.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 17:13   #4
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy
That sounds like a good price for what looks like a quality job. I might ask them for a price to paint my single seat as they aren't too far away.
If you would like to see their work "in the flesh",your welcome to have a look at my bike.Im in Crewe,about 15mins from Capital Sign.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 18:39   #5
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Thanks for that. I may well take you up on the offer in the New Year. I will see what cash Father Christmas gives me.