Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 22-Nov-2006, 00:58
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
No news yet although MT and SoT are on the 2007 membership forms
possibly dropping one of the F600 races as they often had two quallifiers and tha A and B finals, they also ran the Open class in this way

http://www.ngroadracing.org/Pdf/membership_2007.pdf

Thanks for that. I am vacillating between Thunderbikes on a 748R and Minitwins on my 800ss. Alas I can't afford both!
Old 22-Nov-2006, 09:45
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
The comic had an article about one make series a few weeks ago featuring some of the above, a write up, and some info about costs and rewards on offer.

Sure one make racing might stifle technical development but there are plenty of series that don't.

It depends what floats ya boat, developing a bike very technically or developing the rider on allegedly equal machinery. Its nice to have a choice or do a bit of both.

In some respects it can be a mis conception that ome make stuff doesn't have technical challenges, getting the best from a bike within "tight" rules can be very technical and/or costly, can be even more costly developing one outside da rules, especially if the tech scrutes are on the ball

Ray.
Old 22-Nov-2006, 10:13
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
Thanks for that. I am vacillating between Thunderbikes on a 748R and Minitwins on my 800ss. Alas I can't afford both!

Why don't you do one and rent the other bike, for a nominal fee, to someone else to race?

Old 22-Nov-2006, 12:54
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Why don't you do one and rent the other bike, for a nominal fee, to someone else to race?

Someone else being you?

Nominal? What do you think I am...a fuggin' charity? I will think about it dude...I need to cover my costs and your inevitable "excursions".
Old 22-Nov-2006, 12:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Someone else being you?

Nominal? What do you think I am...a fuggin' charity? I will think about it dude...I need to cover my costs and your inevitable "excursions".

Think Fort Knox then

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 22-Nov-2006, 13:55
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Someone else being you?

I wasn't just thinking of me, but I am interested.

I'm making a commitment to the full DD series next year so anything else would have to fit in around that and my CSS dates. I wouldn't expect you to cover any POTENTIAL crash damage if that were to eventuate so wouldn't expect to see that factored into any cost. Besides, then you'd be making money out of me WHEN I bring it back to you unscathed, cheeky git

I would dearly love to do Minitwins on an 800SS, that's been an ambition of mine for a long time and it might not pan out in the future for a season. So doing it in 2007 on a one-off or even twice or something would be excellent.

Old 24-Nov-2006, 01:01
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Quoted from the MF site - may be out of date now though as changes seem to be the rule as each series tries to outdo each other;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the initial press releases on the two classes...

ACU/Suzuki GSX-R Trophy
-------------------------------

Cost: £12,040.25
Rounds: 8 (one day events)
Bike: Suzuki GSXR 600
Tyres: Dunlop (1 front and 1 rear?)
Kit: Dainese leathers, boots, gloves & back protector
Exhaust: Micron slip on can
Suspension: Revalved standard items
Brake Pads: Performance Friction
Other: Fairing & rear sets
Upgrades: None

Triumph 675 Triple Challenge
----------------------------------

Cost: £11,999.00
Rounds: 9 (two day events)
Bike: Triumph 675
Tyres: Michelin (2 front & 2 rears)
Kit: n/a
Exhaust: Unknown brand slip on can
Suspension: Standard items
Brake Pads: Unknown
Other: Fairing & rear sets
Upgrades: Improved suspension & additional tyres at extra cost

Initial observations, to me at least, would suggest that the GSXR is a more competitive class as everyone is on the same bike and cannot buy better suspension or more tyres over and above everyone else. It also includes a lot of riding kit in the deal.

The trade off is that the Triumph meetings will be run with a known organisation and will include a lot more track time (2 x qualifying and 3 x races vs 2 x races) and double the number of tyres.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim

Am I right in thinking you get to keep the bikes in the GSXR600 cup.

While on the subject of new race series, anyone seen the lastest on the Hottrax endurance series, looks like they are making it so that peep can have a quick dip to see if they like it.
I've taken this from the ThrottleMonkeys web site

As previously stated, Hottrax Motorsport Racing Club (HMRC) will be running a new Motorcycle Endurance Racing series in 2007. It will be an approved ACU club that you can join to continue your race licence.

Here’s some of the information that should hopefully set your minds at rest:

RACE DATES:
These are provisional and you should not book your holidays as yet! Final confirmation will come in January as contracts still have to be signed, but they have been reserved for HMRC to do endurance races.

14-15th April – Silverstone National – 6 hour race
19-20th May – Brands Indy – 6 hour race
23-24th June – Snetterton – 8 hour race
28-29th July - Knockhill - 6 hour race
6-7th Oct – Snetterton – 6 hour race.

There may be a further round at Mallory Park, Pembrey, Mondello Park or Rockingham

The championship will be over 5 or 6 rounds so some may go

CLASSES:
I’ll post the regulations in a separate post in the next day or so, but in a nutshell there will be 4 classes:

SUPERPRODUCTION 1000 - Slick tyres allowed
No engine tuning is allowed (other than the FIM Superstock modifications), but the chassis and suspension can be modified for racing and lightweight bodywork and quick release wheels and brakes can be used. Fuel quick fillers are allowed.
As per World Endurance Superproduction

SUPERSTOCK 1000 - Treaded Tyres Only
Machines to comply with FIM Superstock regulations
As per National Superstock & Superstock Cup

SUPERSPORT 600 - Slick tyres allowed but treaded preferred
Regulations as per the FIM World Supersport Championship with the addition of three cylinder machines up to 675cc and twins up to 750cc.
As per FIM World Supersport Regulations with the addition on triple 675cc and 750 twins

SUPERSTOCK 600 - Treaded tyres only
Machines to comply with FIM Superstock regulations
As per FIM Superstock Regulations

COSTS:

Team Registration & Individual Membership:
Membership of the HMRC is £25 per year. Teams wishing to enter the entire series will need to register the team and pay £250. This will be deducted from the final race entry or refunded at the end of the year. Teams not registering will incur an excess of £75 per round. This has purely been done so that teams can save money and also it gives HMRC an indication of the size of the grids

Race Costs:
In line with what the KRC charged in 2006 depending on format and confirmed circuit costs

RACE MEETING FORMAT:

HMRC Endurance
The meetings will be full 2 day events with 1 hour free practice on the Saturday and 45 minutes qualifying per team. Sunday will include 20 minutes warm up and either a 6 or 8 hour race.

Support racing:
There will be at least two support races during the weekend. These racers do not have access to the garages.

Junior Endurance:
There will also be a 2 hour “Junior Endurance” race on the Saturday. This is for those with an ACU licence who want to dip their toe into the Endurance Racing water. The format is for up to 3 riders, riding 2 or 3 bikes racing in a relay race. Rather than pass the baton they pass the transponder. A race for the mechanics in your team perhaps?
Two classes will be run 600cc and 1000cc. Bikes may be road or race bikes but must conform to basic ACU regulations such as enclosed belly pans and wire locked sump plugs etc. Full details of this series will be released at a later date.

Qualifying:
This will be done as per World Endurance, an average time of the 3 quickest laps of the 2 or 3 riders.

General Regulations:
Pretty much in line with what KRC have done previously, however the full regulations will be available soon. One change will be for all Team Managers to attend a briefing meeting with HMRC. Failure to do so could result in penalties. This is due to safety being foremost in HMRC’s mind and not everyone turns up to a riders’ briefing. A separate briefing will be held for newcomers to endurance racing.

MARSHALLS:
Unfortunately, all teams will have to provide a Marshall for the 2007 season. Until the HMRC know of the intentions of other Marshals they have to have your support.

POINTS & TROPHIES:
Points will be awarded only to teams, not riders. The usual motorbike racing point system will be used from 25 for 1st, 20 for 2nd etc. Trophies will be given to the riders for places 1 to 3 in all classes. A team trophy will be awarded to the team that wins each class and a final overall trophy will be awarded to the winning team of the overall race.

Hopefully that’s answered some questions for you. What HMRC need from you is your commitment to make this happen by registering your intention? Dave Mabbutt has asked emails etc confirming your interest in racing with HMRC in 2007. Membership forms should be available before Christmas as well as team registration forms.

A few of the team managers including myself met with Dave last night and all I can say is that we all came away from the meeting highly enthused about his intentions. I’ll answer what I can as will MSH, but now that Dave has given out an HMRC email address you can ask him there. Dave did also say that he will monitor what is happening on this forum and will post replies when he gets time to do so.

This forum will continue to run and support anyone wants to run Endurance Racing in the UK. HMRC will have their own web site up and running within the next few weeks for general information.

Thanks for your support and thanks to Dave Mabbutt for stepping into void left by KRC’s decision to abandon 6 & 8 hour Endurance racing

Can I also ask that you refrain from telephoning Hottrax with regard to the race series as all the information available is here at the moment. All new information will be posted on the forum and on the new web site when it is released.

The email address for HMRC is info@hottrax-motorsport.co.uk
The web site is www.hottrax-motorsport.co.uk and is just a homepage at the moment.

What the HMRC need from you is an email saying:

Interested or not
Class they would race in
If they will do all rounds or just the odd one (If the odd one which ones)
Names and contact details
Would you or any one else you know be interested in the Junior Endurance Races

If you want Endurance Racing to continue in the UK please don’t ignore this and do send them the details.
Old 29-Nov-2006, 09:34
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Makes interesting reading, also would seem to make DD look very reasonable

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit