Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Prev   Next
Old 04-Jun-2006, 17:50
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Tyres? Pirelli Diablos - Pah!

I don't like them that much. I tried a set on my Triumph a couple of years ago and wore them out in about 2000 miles. At the time I put it down to the bike being pretty heavy. Anyway, I bought some for my road-going 800 and they've been ok so far in terms of grip although they don't seem to have that much feel. Today, whilst hooning my way home the bike's handling seemed a bit off. On closer inspection I was shocked to find that they are knackered. I've worn this set out in 1300 miles

It's not like they are brilliantly grippy so that sort of mileage is crap. The front is worn out on the edges and the rear is worn out everywhere.

I'm a bit out of date with road tyres as I'm more familiar with race tyres. I like the venerable old Dunlop D207s which work well on a heavy bike like my Triumph but, I doubt they'll work on a light bike like the 800 - what's decent out there atm? I've tried Michelin's in the past and not liked them - my other 800 has Pilots on atm and I don't like them at all.

Suggestions?