Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jun-2006, 12:21

Talking It's alive!

Hello Everyone,

First of all thanks for all your advice, support and offers of assistance. As a newcomer I felt very welcomed into the community of Ducati owners, even if it wasn’t under ideal circumstances.

I decided it was best to go it alone and not drag the whole DSC into the situation and refrained from making any posts until the situation was resolved. While I believe everyone has a right to freedom of expression, especially on the internet, I certainly didn’t want the witch hunt that these types of forum posts often encourage; I just wanted some advice and support - which I got. Most of all, I just wanted to ride my bike again. I’m very please to say that I can now do that!

Ducati Aylesbury offered to repair my 748 at no cost to me. They maintained that ‘I was the author of my own misfortune’ and at no point did they accept liability for the motorcycles mechanical failure. Ducati Aylesbury offered to repair my bike as a ‘gesture of goodwill only’.

I accepted their offer. I just wanted to ride it again.

The work was soon carried out, I ran it in, took it for it’s first service, and now I have just finished the final running in period and I have to say - it feels fantastic!

I have no quarms at all with the workmanship or service i eventually received.

It doesn’t miss a beat, it’s crisp and loud, and dare I say it – I’m almost getting fast on it. the hairs on my neck stand up every time i crack the throttle. I love it. If i could get it up the stairs i'd probably sleep with it.

All I need now is a bit of sun…. when is the next ride out??????

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS POST IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL USE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU IN MAKING ANY DECISION. THE POST DOES NOT PROVIDE ADVICE AND NOTHING ON THE POST SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS BEING ADVICE.

Last edited by GetawayRider : 01-Jun-2006 at 12:54.
Old 01-Jun-2006, 20:16
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Cool! Good result. Have fun
Old 01-Jun-2006, 20:47
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yep good result
Oxon/Berks have two (or is that 3) rideouts this weekend
Saturday lunchtime we are meeting at the England's Rose pub at Postcombe on the old A40 East of Oxford from there we will be riding to Ducati Aylesbury to check out the New Ducati.

Sunday a group of us are meeting at Newbury at 10am for a rideout via some twist country roads down to Winchester to visit Moto Rapido who are opening on Sunday, again for the official UK Launch of the new bike.

Also happening on Sunday is the Oxon /Berks meet at Knowle Hill on the A4 East of Reading with Karl meeting others at Fox's Diner at 11am

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 01-Jun-2006, 21:02
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
....from there we will be riding to Ducati Aylesbury to check out the New Ducati.

i'm sure they'll be really chuffed to see him again
Old 02-Jun-2006, 15:02
Big Twin

Good to hear you are back on the road again, lets hope the rain dries off.
I am pleased that the Ducati dealer concerned "did the right thing" and have a happy and satisfied customer.
If you are ever headin this way drop in
Old 03-Jun-2006, 19:49

i am really pleased for you mate, as some one who for the last ten years has eat slept drank Ducati and still do.the times i have been shafted by greedy Ducati franchaise owners on services after sales problems and parts and never come out on top i am well chuffed,its a like a little victory for us all.

lets not kid ourselves and belive that the Ducati people concerned were not following the story on this forum and saw the mesages of support which would have helped your cause hence why the forum exists supposedly

the paying Ducati club members were asked to send private comments!!!!
that stinks and qiute rightly the people who run this site were shown where to get off

for years i have used this forum for help and guidance but have never posted as i have never needed to but you can stick your club and your site coz a forum is a forum not franchaise