Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 06-Nov-2004, 19:48
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
you mean you really drive that thing around???? glad its not yellow! or it would be a right lemon..
Old 06-Nov-2004, 20:14
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Quote:
Originally posted by clockwork orange
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Guido, mate of mine did that about 35 years ago, got fed up with local kids/scroats bending the aerial on his old MK11 Jag. Wired up a trembla coil to an ignition coil and all the external metal bits, anyone touched his car got 40,000 volts up their arm. Local copper told him to remove it otherwise he would have to nick him, said it could give some old lady a heart attack if she touched it. In South Africa they have "anti hijack" devices that fire flames out from under the car doors-now there's an idea.

John

And the flame thrower is legal - the chief of police has one!!!
Now I need one for my van some little Bleep Bleeps trashed it and nicked my tools the other night

Sorry to hear about the break in Karen, reckon you should fit one of those flame throwers to your van and roast the scrotts

Here's a new Avatar for you
Old 06-Nov-2004, 21:28
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
They nicked my zoose fastners,& carbon heatshield @ Donnington !
thing is guyz,it's a fellow ducati rider !! as they'll only fit them,bikes !!!

All thieves should be burned !!!!

Old 06-Nov-2004, 22:04
Ducati Corse

Not necessarily, bet they turned up on ebay a few weeks later..
Old 10-Dec-2004, 08:50
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Donnington, Brands Hatch....gee guys, you should ride up as a group, select one member as a designated guard, have him stay out of site but in site of the group bikes, and give him a two-way so he can call in the cavalry when one of those scrogs starts to meddle with a bike. Either that or have Ducati provide a Duck only parking spot with a couple of roving guards not too shy to ask questions like "do you have the key to this Monster", "Can you show me your registration" of anyone who comes in to the area during the race. Then he can call the cavalry.
Luckily, I live in Japan where the theft problem is nowhere near as bad as it is in Europe or the States. In NYC you have to carry a chain and lock assembly that weighs as much as the MTB you want to protect!
Old 06-Jan-2005, 00:37
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark853

Had to go to the trouble of claiming for a replacement disc and purchase a new disc holder. I don't leave it on the bike any more.

I had my disc nicked too.. I think it was in the Bristol area.. not exactly sure. B*stards....
Old 06-Jan-2005, 00:42
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
I got on my bike after work one evening and found the tax disc holder stalk had been nearly broken in two. The security hex bolts prevented the lowlifes from simply stealing the disc, so they thought they'd break it off. Must have been interrupted in their efforts.
Are you allowed to use a holder made out of something like cadmium? That way they get a nice dose of heavy metal poisoning for their efforts!