Old 15-Feb-2006, 11:38
500SD

Cartegena April

Just booked on this as a replacement for my cancelled ski holiday

With FE

any one else going?
Old 15-Feb-2006, 11:49
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
I was booked , then I cancelled , Didnt like the wording in the letter I got.

The price just kept going up, Advertised at £660...all in (Flights, hotel,car between 4,bike transport)

They added on £35 for compulsory liability cover, when asked if its compulsory, why is`nt it included in the overall price , ie: £695, he could`nt answer it.

Then I got the letter from the hauliers, saying that they are only liable to pay out £1600 per bike, so they wanted me to put my mint 996 hodgy in the back of a van, with a copy of my V5 and if it went "missing", I`d get £1600 back....Wehay!!!! Were do I sign

And after talking to him of then phone, I didnt have much faith in him or the company,it all seemed a bit mickey mouse....So, I cancelled...Shame, cuz I was looking forward to it.

[Edited on 15-2-2006 by Bubbles]
Old 15-Feb-2006, 11:53
500SD

doesnt sound so good? the £300 fizzer is going though so not worried about value
shame you cancelled though - am going on my toddy so hoping people are decent......
Old 15-Feb-2006, 12:06
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
I`m sure I was just being over-cautious, I`m you`ll be fine and have a great time.

Dont worry about it...
Old 15-Feb-2006, 12:08
GTL

Totally agree with Bubbles about the price "rising" as you find out more about the trip but, in defence of Focused Events, I went on their Jerez trip last September, and the professionalism and levels of organistion were top-notch.

We all know that the track-day business is pretty unstable and FE are just trying to get a competitive sounding price. The trip I went on was "premium-priced" as it was Open Pitlane. FE felt that the price put people off, so have gone for a "group" approach at a lower price for this year's European trips (as I understand it).

I think they do not include Insurance in the "headline" price because their competitors don't either. Whether it should be compulsory or not is a matter of opinion...personally, I think it is well worth having.

Must admit, limited cover for bikes is a bit of a worry (particularly as Steve Skinner, who does the transport for TOFS and CSS, among others, offers a much higher cover), but , apart from that, the carriage of the bikes was done very well.

I've booked up for Jerez with FE again this year, and would happily go on any of their European trips (albeit, with fingers crossed regarding the bike transporter getting hi-jacked).

Don't want this to turn into an advert for FE, but if you have any specific questions, feel free to U2U me
Old 15-Feb-2006, 12:11
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Who is doing the transport?
Old 15-Feb-2006, 12:14
500SD

a company called motofreight apparently - seemed really helpful on the phone
Old 15-Feb-2006, 12:17
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
Who is doing the transport?

Motofreight...with regard to insurance, I would hope that, as long as the bike's normal insurance has European cover available, the Insurers would combine to compensate you (I think, normally, if an article is insured under two seperate policies , there is some sort of liability sharing.....maybe I'll check that out with my insurers before April!)
Old 15-Feb-2006, 12:18
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
In which case I wouldn't worry too much about the insurance side of things. I rang and spoke to them about this when we went to Jerez as obviously bikes are worth a bit more than their insurance value.

No issues whatsoever with them , they looked after the bikes great, dropped them off almost at the front door in perfect condition. They take two trucks and have back up and support and I don't think they have ever lost a bike. You will always take a chance on small scratches, the same as if you were carrying yourself.

As for the V5 bit, not certain where that came from, I certainly never gave anything like this, not even keys.
Old 16-Feb-2006, 00:19
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
He likes to have a copy of the v5 for if he gets stopped overseas with a wagon full of bikes............it helps confirm why he is in possesion!

I would reiiterate the good work of Motor freight! top bloke!