Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Dec-2006, 16:33   #1
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Fork Adjustment?
Hi all
when my bike was about 1 year old Rob at Pro Twins set up my suspension, giving me what he called his fast road/track set up, which at times is a bit firm for the road but was great at Cadwell.

Anyway, not long had the bike back from its service and with the oil having been replaced and possibly the cold weather the front is now a bit too firm and on bumpy bends I am being bumped about all over the place and not always in the direction I want to go.

So can someone tell me the length of screwdriver I need to buy and what type of head it needs so I can adjust my forks. Am assuming I need to back the screw out and hence adjust by turning anti clockwise

thanks

Derek
Old 02-Dec-2006, 17:58   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 749er
Hi all
when my bike was about 1 year old Rob at Pro Twins set up my suspension, giving me what he called his fast road/track set up, which at times is a bit firm for the road but was great at Cadwell.

Anyway, not long had the bike back from its service and with the oil having been replaced and possibly the cold weather the front is now a bit too firm and on bumpy bends I am being bumped about all over the place and not always in the direction I want to go.

So can someone tell me the length of screwdriver I need to buy and what type of head it needs so I can adjust my forks. Am assuming I need to back the screw out and hence adjust by turning anti clockwise

thanks

Derek
Hi - before you do anything, make sure you have a note of what the settings are right now, so that if you get distracted, muddled, or don't liek results you can be sure of being able to go back to what your settings were, which you liked. The chap who did them will probably have kept a note on file of what he set them to be. Its a 749R I have with Ohlins - is your bike Ohlins or Showa ?

Cheers
Ronnei
Old 02-Dec-2006, 18:19   #3
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Hi Ronnie
I have a base model 749, which has showa forks, just need to soften them off a little

cheers
Old 02-Dec-2006, 18:43   #4

Okdokey - do the forks have pre-load, compression and rebound damping adjustment, or if not all three which does it have, do you know ?
Old 02-Dec-2006, 20:11   #5
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 749er
Showa forks?
Flat blade type mate.Not the flared type.The one in the tool kit should do the job,...if not,one of these.
If you have Ohlins,its an Allen key,.....3mm from memory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screwdrivers_pop.jpg (52.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-Dec-2006, 22:27   #6
Montjuic

fork in hell
I cant believe ive just downloaded a photo of three flat bladed screw drivers !!!!!
I already know what they look like!
Old 06-Dec-2006, 19:34   #7
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by posiden
I cant believe ive just downloaded a photo of three flat bladed screw drivers !!!!!
I already know what they look like!
Old 06-Dec-2006, 20:21   #8
Ducati Meccanica

thanks fellas!