Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Apr-2005, 16:46
Mille

Mood: Need spares
I use a micron one but makes getting the front wheel off a little awkward. I'd much prefer the under the yoke solution.
Old 19-Apr-2005, 17:23
Big Twin

I've got Harris stands front and back.

They are well made, and light (stainless tubing), but I don't trust the rear cups so I use a 1/2" rod with a handle welded to it through the rear spindle (unless I need to get the wheel out of course). Now I have got used to the front one it is fine. I was nervous to begin with because the thing-a-me-jigs need to be puched right out as far as they will go to reach the forks so it looks a bit unstable. It's not though. I can quickly put it on and off the stands on my own which is ideal for a track day.
Old 19-Apr-2005, 23:00
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Dirty Harris for me too Or a trolley jack
Old 19-Apr-2005, 23:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I use the Harris stand and an FG. I've had the Harris for years and it's worked on everything i've needed it to. The FG is good to, but doesn't quite lift as high as the Harris.
Only glitch with the Harris is it gets in the way of the socket when undoing the wheel nut. Just means cracking it before lifting the front end and lowering to tighten it back up...............not the end of the world
Old 19-Apr-2005, 23:56
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I have a 'budget' version of Uncledunnies yoke stand that I've just bought from Dennis Trollope racing. About £90 I think (priced DIDNT include VAT in the catalogue I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS).

My track bike has pinch bolts at the very bottom of one fork leg only and it makes a standard paddock stand useless.

The TD Racing stand comes with steerer tube adapters and is quite solid but takes some effort to get 'airborne'. Advantage is that the forks can be taken out if needed as well.

Frank
Old 20-Apr-2005, 00:14
Mille

Mood: Bring the noise!
I've got an FG rear stand and a front stand that locates under the fork bottoms.

Uncledunnie - how does the front stand locate without a hollow stearing head. My dealer told me that you can't geta frond stand for the 749/999 like yours (solid bottom yoke)
Old 20-Apr-2005, 09:08
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by sbwells
I've got an FG rear stand and a front stand that locates under the fork bottoms.

Uncledunnie - how does the front stand locate without a hollow stearing head. My dealer told me that you can't geta frond stand for the 749/999 like yours (solid bottom yoke)

The horizontal arm in the photo that goes under the headstock has a bush at the end set at an angle to match the rake of the forks. Into that fits a short spigot, welded to the top of this spigot is a plate shaped to match the profile of the bottom yoke. There are small lips at the front and back of this plate which turn up thereby cradling the bottom yoke very safely. The 999 doesn't have a hollow headstock but there is a depression in the lower yoke and the cradle has a small projection which nestles in this recess adding to the security.

Just slide in the stand under the front fairing, locate the plate under the yoke and then push down on the cantelever mechanism at the front of the stand and you get a vertical lift.

The main horizontal tube is also adjustable in length so you can decide where you want the vertical support members to be - depending on the job in hand - ie miss the wheel spindle etc.

Also fits 620 monsters