Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 22-Jun-2005, 16:54
Mille

not that this will be much help to Andy, but

if any of the 620 boys want to borrow 44/45/46 Renthal rears give me a shout, otherwise I'll just play hoopla with them in the back garden at the weekend
Old 22-Jun-2005, 16:57
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I'll borrow a 44 please!!!!
Old 22-Jun-2005, 17:01
Mille

No problemo,

I've got to dash now, drop me a u2u and we can either meet up or I'll post it to you special del tomorrow so you'll get it friday.

Oh, forgot to mention, wear rate charged at £5 per mm
Old 22-Jun-2005, 17:27
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
I'll borrow a 44 please!!!!

Might let you borrow mine if I change from the current gearing (14/44) I shall be experimenting too on Friday
Old 22-Jun-2005, 17:28
Ducati Meccanica

Oops didn't see Uncle Dunnies reply.
Old 22-Jun-2005, 17:34
MotoGP God

Thanks Lin, I'll run with Duncan's for now. Just in case you want to use yours.

I'll try 14/44 and see how I get on. I may even go to 15/46 and try and ride into it ...
Old 22-Jun-2005, 17:53
Ducati Meccanica

I'm thinking 15-45 which was my normal road gear myself. My top speed was ok then at around 120 - I can't get near that since playing around with the gearing to be honest.
Old 22-Jun-2005, 17:59
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
I'm thinking 15-45 which was my normal road gear myself. My top speed was ok then at around 120 - I can't get near that since playing around with the gearing to be honest.

Well if you shorten the gearing you will lose top end. But gain drive off the corners and maybe make the bike feel better for you in certain corners because of the revs you are carrying.

I ran 15/46 on the track day we did at Castle Combe and the bike just wouldn't pull it down the straight. It would get to 8k RPM in top and not go over it, which is why I went down in gearing. With 14/45 I was maxing out on the straight at Snet but it wasn't really working on a few corners for me. With slightly taller gearing I'll be quicker down the straight (in theory) and it will let me go down a gear for the esses which I was struggling with. I wanted to use second to get out of their but it slid around a lot when I changed down (not blipping hard enough obviously) but having the taller gearing will make it easier to carry second through there.

I'll get better acceleration out of there into the bombhole can carry that all the way through Coram (when I decide to not rolloff) which is quite a fast and long corner.

That's the plan anyway
Old 22-Jun-2005, 18:24
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Erm ... isn't the carrier exactly the same between the monster (both old and new) and the SS? It's the same as the ST too, as I bought a spare carrier off an ST2 from eBay for a fiver!

I've just checked the B&C codes and they are - so unless you've ordered the fancy hard anodized ones then they should have arrived next day!

I've got a 43 and a 45 that can be borrowed on a first come, first served if I don't need them.
Old 23-Jun-2005, 11:16
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Erm ... isn't the carrier exactly the same between the monster (both old and new) and the SS? It's the same as the ST too, as I bought a spare carrier off an ST2 from eBay for a fiver!

The ST one being the same suprises me as the SS & Monster 900 ones have a different sprocket offset, although looking very similar in appearance and take the same sprocket