Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Sep-2009, 16:55
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Cadwell Party 2- Dave Holland Festival Sat Oct 3rd

on the Saturday of the final round of the Desmo Due Championships at the Cadwell meeting Holbeach will again this year be putting on the Dave Holland festival event to celebrate his life.

On Saturday Holbeach Tyres are putting on the party as well as supplying the trophies for the races. This will again include the Dave Holland Trophies, a Live Band, rodeo bull, food and Fireworks

They will be looking for a £2 donation for any non riders for the Food which is likely to be a Baked Spud with a choice of toppings such as Beans or Chilli. The amount of food has been factored for 1 guest per rider so if you have more than one guest can you call Mark at HolBeach on 07733 324640 and let him know for numbers.

Mark also mentioned that he hopes for there to be a seperate Dave Holland Festival race and for a entry into that you must have first entered the Saturday allcomers race.

Timetable of Events

17:30 Food available
18:00 Trophy Presentation to be held at the Holbeach Tyre Trucks in the Paddock (NOT The collecting area)
This way people can eat there food while attending the presentations and Mark from Holbeach will be providing lighting and a certain amount of shelter should the weather do what it did at Grib Fest

19:00 Things get under way in the Club house with the quallifying etc for the Rodeo Bull ride, which will be followed by live music

23:00 Fireworks

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Sep-2009, 17:28
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Oooh, Sunday morning racing with a headache then.
Old 08-Sep-2009, 19:40
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Oooh, Sunday morning racing with a headache then.
Don't land on your head when you fall off the Rodeo Bull then

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Sep-2009, 20:40
500SD

Last years party was great fun See you there
Old 08-Sep-2009, 21:04
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Sounds like they're putting on a hell of a show...nice one!
Old 09-Sep-2009, 16:42
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
yeh, please try to support mark as he puts a huge amount of effort into it. Last year was simply ace, I haven't laughed so much for ages - naked rodeo was a highlight, (this year it is a surf board to the best of my knowledge). The band is the same as last years - they are very good. Nice firework display at the end. There was a great atmoshere in the paddock as lots of people came out of 'retirement' for one off races. I did the CB5's and had a real ding dong with some old mates, brilliant.

Hoping to get there this time, but not looking good at the moment - believe it or not after 9 years of CB5 ownership and one service, (multiple oil changes though), The Shed has finally let me down - head gasket has gone. When I think of the parts replaced on that bike, it should be called "Triggers Broom". I have tried fixing it with gaffa tape as it has worked on pretty much every other part of the bike

Might make an outing on my 600 though

WeeJohnyB
Old 09-Sep-2009, 16:47
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
yeh, please try to support mark as he puts a huge amount of effort into it. Last year was simply ace, I haven't laughed so much for ages - naked rodeo was a highlight, (this year it is a surf board to the best of my knowledge). The band is the same as last years - they are very good. Nice firework display at the end. There was a great atmoshere in the paddock as lots of people came out of 'retirement' for one off races. I did the CB5's and had a real ding dong with some old mates, brilliant.

Hoping to get there this time, but not looking good at the moment - believe it or not after 9 years of CB5 ownership and one service, (multiple oil changes though), The Shed has finally let me down - head gasket has gone. When I think of the parts replaced on that bike, it should be called "Triggers Broom". I have tried fixing it with gaffa tape as it has worked on pretty much every other part of the bike

Might make an outing on my 600 though

WeeJohnyB

Why not borrow a DD bike & have some fun
Old 09-Sep-2009, 20:33
Mille

Mood: elated
racing with a sore head?

tried that at Castle combe and was completely out of my comfort zone!!! well they do say that practice makes perfect? that's racing with a hangover i mean!!!!
Old 09-Sep-2009, 22:03
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
People should make their choice....either race sober, or get lashed the night before...NOT do both.

Fortunately, you seem to have discovered the reason why without any calamities Ross.

It amazes me the risks some folk will take with other peoples lives though, it really does.
Old 09-Sep-2009, 22:17
Big Twin
Bikes: KTM Arsey Ocho

Mood: retiring
One thing I'd urge all the riders to do is to turn up for the presentations on the saturday night. Last year was a little embarrassing for the club as eff all turned up to get their trophies...
The weekend is a cracker though, so enjoy it.