Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Sep-2006, 09:46   #1
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Username poll
Good morning fellow 'Ducatisti' and especially the T8 appreciation society!

As I post on here the most, though i'd put this one to you all, not strictly an 888 query, but humour me.

It's my username. A couple of years ago, I came across this site. As I wanted to post stuff quickly, I put my user name as 'RightSaidFred', without really giving it much thought. This is because my middle name is Frederick (stop laughing at the back!)

But now, i'm a paid up memebr of the DSC and use this site far more than I ever envisaged. The problem is, gentlemen, I don't like my username. It congures up images of that camp pop group, and makes me feel like some 'Fred Fairbrass' character when I log on. As a practising heterosexual, it bothers me a bit, know what I mean??

So, should I change it or not bother? What would you do? Serious answers only please to the usual address....
Old 16-Sep-2006, 09:51   #2
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Lynds,

I don't like all this weird user name stuff although I understand why it comes about - lots of boards won't allow same names when you register. It makes face to face meets a nightmare and although we knew each other pre DSC, you'd never realise it given the registered user name!

My £0.02 worth, change it.

Rgds, Rob
Old 16-Sep-2006, 10:01   #3
Mille

Or we could all change ours? What do you think RightSaid Rob?

RightSaidMike

P.S. I would change it too.
Old 16-Sep-2006, 10:01   #4
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

IMHO its only for light hearted banter, when I first joined I used my e mail user name not knowing that it would become my DSC name. I asked for it to be changed to YMFB not because I am embarrased about my real name or crave anonomity but because its not like work its fun.

Excuse my ignorance but is Fred Fairbrass gay or a gay icon ? if so change it as it could cause you sleep problems
Old 16-Sep-2006, 10:22   #5
Mille

Talking
Heheh some good replies there. And I must say you're all obsessed scary bas**rds to log onto a bl**dy motorbike forum at 9 o'clock on a Saturday morning! Haven't you got families, shopping, DIY and car cleaning to do??!!

Sadly yes, Fred Fairbrass is as bent as a nine bob note i'm afraid. And I just can't help feeling a little bit gay when I log on. Now obviously in this PC world we're all forced to live in these days, there's nothing wrong with being gay, oh no, it's all perfectly acceptable and all that...but, well, i'm not gay am I? So despite the fact that I respect their right to be gay, and yes ok it's refreshing to see that gays can expect the freedom to have a public ceremony to recognise their commitment, and all that, I am trying to carefully and delicately, while observing their human rights, distance myself from such.

PS pulled a crackin dolly last weekend and spent the whole night back scuttling her over her parent's sofa!!
Old 16-Sep-2006, 10:51   #6
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightSaidFred

PS pulled a crackin dolly last weekend and spent the whole night back scuttling her over her parent's sofa!!

Said in a very deep voice .
Old 16-Sep-2006, 11:16   #7
GTL

Hi, now i'm feeling realy old! When i see your user name i remember the "60's novality hit song by Bernard Cribbens, where " Fred says lets have another cup of tea and then we'll go home".
THANKS FOR THAT!!!
Steve
Old 16-Sep-2006, 11:34   #8
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R
Hi, now i'm feeling realy old! When i see your user name i remember the "60's novality hit song by Bernard Cribbens, where " Fred says lets have another cup of tea and then we'll go home".
THANKS FOR THAT!!!
Steve

PMSL

which wouldnt be so bad but I remember the song

Paul
Old 16-Sep-2006, 11:55   #9
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Fred

You seem to be in denial here.

You admit that when you log on you feel a bit gay, but then you go on about women a bit too much.

These days it is not unusual to admit to ' swinging both ways '. Don't worry, I'm sure none of us will have a problem with that and I for one will not hold it against you.

Keep the name....or just change it to Fred?

Philthy
Old 16-Sep-2006, 12:03   #10
Mille

Now just look here one minute... I am definitely *pauses for a second to adjust suspender belt* not Gay in any way ok? Mind you, I wouldn't mind discussing what it's like to go full pelt with a tranny...now come on, don't say you're not at least a bit curious. Aren't you?? Eh Sir? Ooohh imagine that eh Sir? Sampling the unique delights of a 'man - woman - man?'

Heheheh. 'Now Charlie had a think and he said 'here Fred, you know I've got this kind of feeling, that if we remove the ceiling, with a rope or two we could get the blighter through..!'

Oh dear. Tried to be a bit serious with the thread and, as always with people who think they're grown up but in reality are just 'Adult Children', it's all turned into juvenile stupidity. Long may it continue Gentlemen!