Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-May-2005, 15:11
Mille

Mood: bleedin ecstatic!
Bye Bye 749....

Well, its done, made the decision to swap in the 749 for something a little more japenese. I know, I know, I wont get the character and feel from those bikes, but tell the truth, at the moment, i need something that feels a little more comfortable and road worthy.
i cant seem to get comfy on the 749 even after 1500+ miles (right wrist is now bandaged up after injuring my wrist years ago that the 749 seems to just be making worse) and the riding position, for me, just isnt right.
Nevermind Im getting brake judder, its steering off to the left and it conks out, for no reason, every so often.

I will be returning to the ducati fold once I can afford to, something like an S4r, as its in the blood. But for now, its off to part ex it...

Oh... bits ive got left over:

ive taking off the carbon rear hugger (extended streamline carbon one)
ive got the original bars (as I fitted helibars to try to get more comfort, but didnt work)
R&G crash bobbins that are still in the plastic (werent arsed to fit them) if anyone wants to make me an offer on them.
Original rear sprocket, done about 600 miles.

Although, i might try and get them to take off the Helibars and renthal +2T rear sprocket and sell them if anyone is more interested in instead...

Cheers all! im still a member though, so you cant get rid of me that easily Can i still come on rideouts without getting slated ??

[Edited on 5/8/2005 by sonic]
Old 08-May-2005, 15:35
Big Twin

Thats a shame, but I can understand where you're coming from. Some of the newer UJMs seem very inticing!!

What are you gonna go for?

I've sent you a u2u re hugger and bars.
Old 08-May-2005, 16:10
Mille

Yea, gone for a new zx6r in blue, tried it yesterday and was blown away, great bike, very smooth etc, only gripe would be the lack of torque (well, obviously coming from a duke) and the motorway miles will be a bit of a ******* cause it cruises at 90 going around the 7krpm mark, which means its howling by that point. No nice quite rides for me then...
Old 08-May-2005, 16:19
Big Twin

Sad news sonic - you'll just have to get the s4r as well!!
Old 08-May-2005, 16:22
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
Sonic you have a u2u
Old 08-May-2005, 18:04
Mille

Mood: Need spares
I just got back from the congleton meet and my wrists are feeling a little so I know here your coming from on that one.

Shame your giving the duke up, but if it hurts then it makes sense.

If you get the rear +2 rear sprocket, I'll be intrested.
Old 08-May-2005, 18:53
Mille

Okey dokey, thats the hugger and bars gone...

Ill try to get that rear sprocket for ya tricky, but cant give any promises, already pushed them pretty far on the deal so might not, but ... if you dont ask, you dont get...
Old 09-May-2005, 11:24
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
That's a shame mate. Is it still cutting out? How many miles haved you done on it?

You must have taken a big hit (financially) on the trade-in. Is the new ZX6 much more comfy?
Old 09-May-2005, 11:50
Mille

Yea mate, still cuts out every so often, maybe once per ride for no reason cause tickovers quite high. Done 1600 miles on it, got around 5000 for it part ex (sheeeeeeet) but there you go, far too lazy to sell privately... yea, its miles more comfortable, took it for a test drive and didnt want to give it back, foookin flies as well, once you hit around 9,000rpm it takes off. Dropped it off with a smile on my face that i couldnt shift, never got that with the 749, which means a lot i reckon. I will come back to dukes, maybe a 999 if I can survive it, but for now its just gooootta go...
Old 09-May-2005, 11:51
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Speechless, and no doubt MrP&H welcomed you with open arms and big eyes?