Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Apr-2005, 06:58
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by misterpink
I was looking for a multistrada as an option - but the insurance was HIGHER on the MS than a 749S ? whats that all about then?
Those Multistrudle riders are usually a right bunch of nutters,thats why...............
Old 09-Apr-2005, 13:29
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
ive got an 03 749s and it hasnt let me down yet, amazing bike.
i love it and never want to get rid of it !!!!!!
exept maybe for an R.

/ian
Old 09-Apr-2005, 14:14
Mille

give Martin a ring at Forza Italia (Silverstone)
01327 858916
Old 09-Apr-2005, 14:37
Montjuic

I had an 04 749S last year and was totally in love with the bike apart from when the engine cut out at slow speeds, e.g. approaching a roundabout.

Bought it new from Woods in Abergele – excellent dealer, first class service. It went back to the workshop a couple of times to try and fix this, but as the bike was written off after 1789 miles we’ll never know if it was permanently sorted!

I’d definitely recommend the bike but please check out this little “problem” first. Good luck.
Old 09-Apr-2005, 16:48
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Hi, I did exactly the same as you ... 748 to an imported 2003 749s. I'm assuming that Ducati issues frame numbers etc in numerical order, so the lower the number the earlier the bike ? Not about to give the frame number out on the net but the frame number and engine number are under 250.

Had early problems with ECU and Clocks, and recent problems with the Battery not holding charge. All work carried out under warranty at JHP Coventry.

As for the bike itself .... AWESOME. Better than the 748 and much easier to ride fast. Love the way that it rev's so easily. After reading threads on here I think I will go up 2 teeth on the back sprocket to give it better acceleration. You will not regret the change, but, I would say go for the best model you can afford. I've never quite understood why "imports" are frowned upon .... every Ducati on the road is an import