Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Nov-2004, 16:43
Mille

Hi all iv been following this thread with interest as my 749r is down at bridge in andover aswell and has been for the last 5weeks, while riding back from the last world sbk at magny-cours i developed an oil leak from around the clutch cover area and the eobd flashing on a few times but the oil warning light never coming on. I myself am a fully trained tech working for a yamaha dealer and i kept checking oil level and got the bike back to portsmouth and from there in a van back home, i also have had great service from ducati andover and more so the service manager dean who rang me on friday 5th nov to say he doesnt know why but the seal for mine is on back order and will be about 2weeks, if it gets hear then and is fitted straight away then that will be 7weeks in total waiting for an oil seal for a bike that is only 6 mounths old to date. Do you all think this is acceptable im really interested in your opinions. I cannotfault the service at the moment from bridge and i know how ducati,s play up a bit but should i be due a bit more better treatment than this? IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BIKE PHILLIP I KNOW HOW YOUR FEELING MATE.
Old 06-Nov-2004, 20:56
Mille

Mood: jolly chap
Hi Boyo,
you have my sympathy mate 7 weeks for an oil seal is unreal and not acceptable. i shall be letting rip at Ducati after the situation is resolved as like you i dont think it is good enough they should be trying to look after thier customer base in the uk, i bet this would,nt happen in the states as this is were they are now trying to really expand the Ducati market.

Dean is the chap i am dealing with at Bridge in Andover and cannot fault him or the company so far !!!!,
Boyo if your duke is red with the white number board on the front then i seen it down there.

I shall keep you all updated with the saga as it goes on.

I would be very interested in hearing from any others with a similar problem

Regards Phill
Old 07-Nov-2004, 14:32
Mille

Mood: poon tang
you chaps should have been given replaced bikes. no way would i want that bike back, shims tighit bull ****.a baby can set the bottom end up. sounds like bad batch off,main bearings. they should want the bike back . what else could be wrong.
Old 08-Nov-2004, 17:23
500SD

A mate had been on the factory tour where they the tour guide proudly told them they are building the motors in under 45mins.
That doesn't inspire confidence really, its becoming more apparent that ducati are playing the numbers game and less the building a few exotics hand built/set up by craftsman.

for me personally i don't want too but i could jump ship with whats going on at Ducati these days, I didn't pay nearly 20 grand for a bike to be thrown together as fast as possible.
Old 08-Nov-2004, 18:09
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by chillo
A mate had been on the factory tour where they the tour guide proudly told them they are building the motors in under 45mins.
That doesn't inspire confidence really, its becoming more apparent that ducati are playing the numbers game and less the building a few exotics hand built/set up by craftsman.

for me personally i don't want too but i could jump ship with whats going on at Ducati these days, I didn't pay nearly 20 grand for a bike to be thrown together as fast as possible.

Yeah,but are'nt the 'R's hand built by Ducati Corse?
Old 08-Nov-2004, 19:47
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Not sure if the `R`s are built in the corse bit anymore,I know the Foggy rep was,like we`ve said before KeefyB "they`re more handbuilt than a Ho#$a but not as hand built as they were", there was no sign of any `R`s being put together in the corse bit when I visited last month.
My official dealer has replaced quite a few sets of bearings on the 999`s,the `tang`which locates the plain bearing is very small and can let the bearing spin inside the big end,this seems to happen regardless of mileage.

PS.Being hand built is no guarantee quality
Old 09-Nov-2004, 17:34
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
The 996/998/748 R's were built by Ducati Corse.Hence the Corse emblem on the seat unit.
Old 09-Nov-2004, 18:55
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
i got the "impression" when i visted the factory that Ducati corse were swamped with MOTOGP and SBK work - and that was last year !- they will have been EXTRA busy this season with the number of WSBK engine failures/motogp development.
Old 25-Nov-2004, 22:06
Mille

Mood: jolly chap
Hello all,
as promissed i am bringing you upto date with this saga, the bike is now fixed and sorted out runs like a dream and 100 % full credit to Bridge at Andover and Dean and his crew first class job they even cleaned my bike for me !
With regards to the original fault which started all this it was the EOBD orange light came on and a big lack of power also error code efi. once down at Bridge it did not take them long to find the fault which was a main bearing failure this caused the EOBD to come on due to movement of the pick up coil i presume.
So the bike is all fixed runs smooth again now and no orange light which is a shame as xmas will be here soon. no only joking i dont like orange anymore !!!

There is a lot MORE INFORMATION on this saga which i will let you all know about once i have heard back from Ducati.
As the ball is in there court now !!

SO WATCH THIS SPACE !!!!

Regards Phill
Old 25-Nov-2004, 22:22
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Good luck with this - glad you've got her back too.

Tim