Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 05-Feb-2004, 20:09
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Weeksy hows this for a good idea

http://www.theletmegroup.com/adopt/t...pt_a_racer.htm

After talking to several people at the Ally Pally show about racing, I was given some paperwork to do with a setup called Adopt a Racer. Some useful riders have already signed up. It was suggested I put Adrians name forward, but have yet to read all the info, as he is only intending to race at the TT to see how it may apply to riders like him.
Old 05-Feb-2004, 20:57
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Hmm, I'll have a look at that too. Any Dukes???
Old 06-Feb-2004, 09:15
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood

Looks pretty good. From a business point of view the sponsorship should be tax deductable as you get a mention on promo material and can therefore be classed as advertising.

Would like to see a few more younger ones on there though!!
Old 06-Feb-2004, 11:09
MotoGP God

The info I was handed came in two parts, one titled "Do you need sponsorship" aimed at the riders to sign up. The second part is aimed at prospective sponsors contributing anything from £10 a month upwards.
Yes it does need some younger riders to sign up but first they have to know about it, which is part of the reason for me posting it here, as the more people that know about it the better the chance of the right people (younger riders and their parents) hearing about it and signing up to it.
Old 17-Feb-2004, 14:33
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood

Well I've just signed up to sponsor Jay Fernandez who is only 22 and was runner-up in the clubman 400 last year.

The promotional side is pretty phenominal. I am currently only paying the minimum but have a page on their site with links to my site and email. There is talk of an article in local papers etc. Wonderful value.
Old 18-Feb-2004, 03:09
MotoGP God

Well done that man
Once I've stopped paying out about £600 a month on the TT entry I may also sign up to adopt a racer, unless I decide to have ago at the Manx GP in 2005 in which case I'll sponsor myself.
Alternatively may look at selling a few of the race bikes and buying a Testastretta engined Ducati for my mate to ride in the 2005 TT, with the main focus on the Proddy 1000 class but could also enter F1 and Senior, will have to start working out the cost of a bike, ideally a 998S as I have loads of spares. Cat C from a breakers would be ideal just cover all the scratches with DSC stickers. would like to see my mate do a 120mph lap before he gives it all up.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit