Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Aug-2009, 18:41
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Oulton Pics are up PLJ, at last

They take some wading through tho', over 2k pics and only showing 6 thumbnails at a time.
Old 04-Aug-2009, 19:42
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
What a knightmare to go through, they need to earn their money and sort them to number. And my neck is killing me now with all the upside down and half tilt shots. Looks like it just been dumped up from the camera straight onto the site.

Where are the grid shots PJL are showing of the Desmo on the New Era Paddock site ? Cant find this one or others anywhere on PLJ site.

Craig

Last edited by Gbyte666 : 04-Aug-2009 at 20:14.
Old 04-Aug-2009, 20:45
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
They used to sort them in rider number. But this is nearly 3 weeks since Oulton. It is unreasonable to trawl through that lot.

An opening exists for the camera of doom and the supersnapper.
Old 05-Aug-2009, 08:24
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/wv04KtrvS-dnWh0lsDkV7nx7mGjMdJdWssJ43iAN8kHN4LZSVWH5*uZmr8F4 HbHg/Desmo_1_Web.jpg?width=737&height=491[/IMG]

Went to Cadwell yesterday, and this photo is framed on the wall in the clubhouse!!!

With regards to PLJ, how many of us have ever bought anything off them?

I think we sometimes don't appreciate the time and cost that goes into it, then when we slate the shots, don't buy any...then complain about the fact they haven't put the next ones up quick enough for us to view and not buy.

It could be that they're getting jaded with the whole thing.

Discuss!
Old 05-Aug-2009, 08:25
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
balls, image han't up[loaded, ok check this:

http://neweramcc.ning.com/photo/desm...context=latest
Old 05-Aug-2009, 11:17
Big Twin

Mood: i'm a grey dude...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
With regards to PLJ, how many of us have ever bought anything off them?

I think we sometimes don't appreciate the time and cost that goes into it, then when we slate the shots, don't buy any...then complain about the fact they haven't put the next ones up quick enough for us to view and not buy.

It could be that they're getting jaded with the whole thing.

Discuss!

spot on timmeh! what i always found is that there are only sooo many pics that are taken, before they all become the same, if you see what i mean... but i HAVE purchased from PLJ when i've found a shot thats slightly different from the usual run of the mill knee down shot.

The camera men wont be there if they cant put food on the table, innit! 'd advise everyone to buy once in a while
Old 06-Aug-2009, 01:08
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
I can't vouch for Paul & Linda's systems, but knowing what I went through with my BSB stuff and do go thru with my trackday stuff, it is a task getting the shots up soon after an event. If people ordered & bought in advance, you'd know exactly what and who to take and the job would be easy to get shots uploaded. But when you don't know who your next customer is, you have to try and capture every single rider cos one of them might just be that next customer. That means over 3000 shots from a club race or BSB meeting if you just keep the in-focus/well framed ones. When you then work 9-5 to pay for the next weekened away trackside, it leaves little time to trawl through your weekend's haul and edit each shot individually and then produce the HTML for the website.

Sales amazingly often don't match the investment and time so it's not easy to pay for a glitzy all singing and dancing e-commerce website (we're only photographers, not web designers remember!!!).

My website's well off what I'd want to portray but it's all I could afford from the revenue I earned trackside, which is why I now, sadly take pictures of wind turbines and not 200bhp missiles.

Guy

www.copeimages.com

WeeJohnyB, Best instructor out there http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/