Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 12-Jul-2006, 17:35
Big Twin
Bikes: KTM Arsey Ocho

Mood: retiring
Let's hope it hasn't gone the same way as the Rizla Suzuki bikes....otherwise you'll have to start looking through a pile of manure
Old 12-Jul-2006, 18:59
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmav
someone knows who's got it, or who's storing it, or they will buy the parts from it when/if they decide to break it !!!!!!!

come on guys send the word out and (stop a thief ) "Do it to them B4 they do it to you"

****ers.... theives are scum but buyers of stolen gear are worse!

psycho mav

i agree completely - it maybe just a motorcycle, but it happens to be yours, until some lowlife decides its his - no matter about insurance or if you have loadsamoney and can get another - it is sickening when somebody steals your possessions ....IMO as a "community" we should be able to do what the police can't - though it could be out of the country by now - who got rid of those border controls????
hope you get it back - don't hold your breath, but look out for it anyway and if not hope you do OK with the insurance
Old 13-Jul-2006, 01:15
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khushy
Ohlins or not - seems that there are too many pickky people here.

Anal or what!!!

He has had his bloody bike nicked - last thing I am sure he wants to hear is some idiot (sorry AndyB - you know I mean it!!!) pointing out the detail for him.

Hope you get it sorted matey!!!

Khushy

just checking on the details, might as well describe it correctly, would be a different bike if it did have showas, easier to identify if it stays in one piece! method in the madness n'all that!............who made you the ***ing site Police anyway!
Old 13-Jul-2006, 22:23
Mille
Bikes: ST4S

Mood: Finally gotten over the 748R getting stolen thing. Actually, no i haven't !
Hi Martin
Sorry to hear about the bike i had my '02 748R stolen last october from Mallory.
I hope the following helps, i was expecting to get rolled over by the insurance company so i gathered all the Adverts i could from official dealers throughout the country printed them out and sent them to the insurers. I was offered £6900 at first and after a little persuasion they upped it to £7500.
I argued that although they were available for less privately i had originally bought it from a main delaer and that was what i expected them to enable me to replace it with.
I hope you can get the deal you want from yours.
Still wish i could buy another new one though.
Regards
keith
Old 14-Jul-2006, 11:40
Bevel Head
Bikes: 1098s Tric

Mood: Tricolore :)
Thanks for that Keith and all the other kind comments. Still can't believe it is gone
Old 14-Jul-2006, 12:46
Mille
Bikes: ST4S

Mood: Finally gotten over the 748R getting stolen thing. Actually, no i haven't !
Its enough to bring a tear to a grown mans eye isn't it.
I even went as far as asking the factory direct if there was any possibility of finding one anywhere new. Bet you can't guess their answer.
Bought a 998s with the payout but i'd still rather have my Baby R back.
Old 16-Jul-2006, 22:04
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
It,s a very personal thing a bike. Sorry to here about your loss. I once had a dead friends bike stolen from my garage years ago. Police not interested.
Hope you have good ending.