Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Sep-2005, 03:42
Mille

my first duke.

after 15 years got myself a 748 - woohoo! aint no going back now.

fitted termis this weekend - wooooooooohoooooooo!

two minor complaints though -

wrists hurt like hell by the time I get out my drive and squirrels like hell on banding / white lines - anyone got any solutions?

god, I'm in love.

D
Old 26-Sep-2005, 08:46
500SD

Cycle cat bar risers for the wrists see the thread

Air gun for squirels
Old 26-Sep-2005, 11:39
Big Twin

Yep...bar raisers for the wrists (do a search...several posts about the various options available)...and the squirelling is probably down to a worn rear tyre.

On a 748 you should be running a 180 section tyre, and once they are on their way out (squaring off) they do twich like buggery over the banding/white lines.

New tyre...sorted.
Old 26-Sep-2005, 12:08
Bevel Head
Bikes: 1098s Tric

Mood: Tricolore :)
Wrists could be a bike fitness thing, give it a while and you might get used to it. I struggled at first on my old 748 and adapted my hand position slightly over time and found I had no problems and even ended up doing a 700 miles blast from Dijon to Yorkshire only stopping for fuel and coffee and I had no wrist problems at all.

Tyres...bane of my life at the moment, ever since I upgraded to the 748R I have not got on at all well with the Dragons that are fitted. Must change them soon
Old 26-Sep-2005, 12:18
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Dower
Tyres...bane of my life at the moment, ever since I upgraded to the 748R I have not got on at all well with the Dragons that are fitted. Must change them soon

Diablos mate...they're the future

Also, regarding the wrist ache...you can rotate the brake and clutch levers around and down a little to help alignment with your hand/fingers. This makes a big big difference when it comes to the comfort on the bike.

Remove the lever clamp from the clip-on, and you will see a small roll-pin which locates the lever in a standard position. Remove this pin, either by pulling it out if your lucky or grinding it off, and then you can put the clamp back on, and now rotate it to a position of your choice.

I my levers rotated down as far as they can go before they hit the indicators when turning!!! Works for me and feels a darn sight better than standard.
Old 26-Sep-2005, 12:30
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Great stuff, your wrists will get used to it, check age ot tyres, pressures etc, etc.. welcome to the fold.
Old 26-Sep-2005, 15:23
500SD

Mood: Yellow!!
748's have very low bars, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

You'll strengthen up over time.

Welcome and Enjoy

[Edited on 26-9-2005 by 748IOM]
Old 26-Sep-2005, 20:12
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Welcome djb. Are you only 15?

And speaking of bars - as is the custom here I'll have a southern comfort thanks, no ice

Whereabouts are you hailing from?
Old 26-Sep-2005, 21:07
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by Harv748
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Dower

Diablos mate...they're the future

Also, regarding the wrist ache...you can rotate the brake and clutch levers around and down a little to help alignment with your hand/fingers. This makes a big big difference when it comes to the comfort on the bike.

Remove the lever clamp from the clip-on, and you will see a small roll-pin which locates the lever in a standard position. Remove this pin, either by pulling it out if your lucky or grinding it off, and then you can put the clamp back on, and now rotate it to a position of your choice.

I my levers rotated down as far as they can go before they hit the indicators when turning!!! Works for me and feels a darn sight better than standard.

You have beaten me to it, ditto to all that Harv748 has written

Chris.
Old 27-Sep-2005, 00:49

I have a 998 and I am only 5'5". I have fitted Heli-Bars and they are a revalation. No wrist ache any more.

My 2 pennys worth!