Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Mar-2006, 18:05
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by chillo
should pull my finger out for this
not sure if i want to do the duke only day or mix it up the japs at Cadwell!

[Edited on 2-3-2006 by chillo]

So bring both bikes Chillo and do one and one-sorted!

On another vein, the Brands and Oulton days have been released back to MSV, but we will be offered places at the Oulton day run by MSV. I will post the info as soon as I receive it.

John
Old 06-Apr-2006, 23:09
Mille

I've raced at Cadwell on a Lambretta GP200, and would like to do it on my 851 SP2, but will still be recovering from watching Radiohead at the V weekend on the Sunday, so may have to give it a miss.

Really fancy a go round Oulton though - is there any noise limits ? The SP2 is , er, rather loud, even though she's still got the cans she left the factor with !

I've not done any other Trackdays - what's the score with rules, preparing the bike, etc etc ? Any tips ?

Matthew
Old 09-May-2006, 21:02

anybody passing Oakham with space in a van/trailer on way to Brands on 31st.

Iain

iain.rollason-hill@tesco.net
Old 10-May-2006, 14:30
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Quote:
On another vein, the Brands and Oulton days have been released back to MSV, but we will be offered places at the Oulton day run by MSV. I will post the info as soon as I receive it.

John

Hello Monty,

sorry who are MSV? I would be intrested in still doing the brands day, but not sure who its with.

regards

TopiToo
Old 10-May-2006, 15:13
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by TopiToo
Quote:

John

Hello Monty,

sorry who are MSV? I would be intrested in still doing the brands day, but not sure who its with.

regards

TopiToo

Hey Steve,

MSV = MotorSportsVision - Jonathon Palmers company that owns Brands et al.

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk

There's a link on the left hand side that says Track Days.
Old 13-May-2006, 13:05
Bevel Head

Mood: custard
this mite sonuds really sad and perthetic but i'v never done a trak day but would like to try it out. now i know there is this one going on at cadwell. but what is it really like and what aout my bike? do i need to prep it? i'll be riding it there so any tips or help from anyone? what about tuition ect is it just a matter of turning up and having a go?
Old 13-May-2006, 14:26
Ducati Corse

Hi Wolverine,

The main prep for your bike will be taping up the lights,checking tyre pressures, and making sure all the basic things(chain tension,bolt tightness is ok).

A few of the guys are instructors and are all happy to help

Last year there was a session at lunchtime that allows those that have never been on a track to have a go.

There is an evening session this time as well,so if you didn't fancy a whole day,you could do that.
Old 13-May-2006, 14:28
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by wolverine
this mite sonuds really sad and perthetic but i'v never done a trak day but would like to try it out. now i know there is this one going on at cadwell. but what is it really like and what aout my bike? do i need to prep it? i'll be riding it there so any tips or help from anyone? what about tuition ect is it just a matter of turning up and having a go?

Everyone has to start somewhere!

If you want to give it a go I can recommend that DSC track days are good days to get your first taster. What bike are you on?

You don't have to prep it but I'd recommend taping over your speedo, removing your mirrors and indicators. If you can afford it and are likely to go on with it you can start to consider track bodywork if you want but maybe you just want to give it a go first.

As for tuition, there'll be a number of instructors available to help out. All you need to do is pop by and ask, I'll be one of them. If you need anything you can come and ask me and I'll help out - my name is Tony.

What is it really like? Well, I love it on the track so I'm only going to tell you how cool it is. No cars, no oncoming traffic, use the whole track and no gravel or crap on corners or manhole covers ... just get out there and feel comfortable running at your own pace.
Old 13-May-2006, 14:48
Ducati Corse

TP you NEARLY made me feel comfortable about lending you the SP5 with that post!

Seriously though,Tony is spot on with his comments and the DSC trackday is probably the most comfortable one to learn on.
Old 13-May-2006, 14:53
Bevel Head

Mood: custard
i'm only on a little 900ss don't want you boys all over me. (on the track i mean) i guess i just gotta suck it and see, i'm apprahensive i guess, sorry about the spelling. so how many ppl on track at once?

she's an old one too '93

[Edited on 13-5-2006 by wolverine]