Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Jan-2005, 11:48
500SD

It started with a kiss..

Well...with a little help from the starter motor - and this after more than three months of hibernation. Wahey!! Miracles DO happen! Then a quick (slow!) sixty mile blat across Durham had her warmed through, and purring like a cat in a Panama hat. Luvverly!

Here she is before the off. Look closely, you can see her yawning..
Old 23-Jan-2005, 12:05
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
WVT,

That's one, clean, standard 888. Very nice.

Rgds, Rob
Old 23-Jan-2005, 12:14
Mille

Mood: childish
mmmmmm shiney

i went out & proded mine this morning

4 volts in the battery! have to take the dyson (diversion) out now!
Old 23-Jan-2005, 20:56
500SD

Cheers guys

DCR..

The sun shone for a while yesterday in God's own part of the country, so not too much muck was collected. (Anyway, nothing that three days with a toothbrush, and a tube or two of Solvol won't fix..!)

Steve
Old 24-Jan-2005, 11:35
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Nice one Steve..im dreading thumbing mine! (found last weekend the optimate lead had disconnected and the wife said 'oh yeah..I was walking through the garage the other week and thought I felt something snap in front of me but couldnt see anything..I was going to tell you')..

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Not a big deal as ive got the 996SPS battery/ ducati adaptor plate kit to go on it as the battery was rubbish anyway.

So..is she still going then?..I told you..youll get a better return keeping her wrapped up in the garage than you would with the dosh sitting in the nationwide......but then again the return on an MV's not bad I hear !!!! Nudge nudge...!

Or you could take Celestes approach and break her for bits (ill start the bidding on the tank and plastics at a very reasonable £100....).

Cheers!
Nat
Old 24-Jan-2005, 20:28
500SD

Nat.. (Not got a wife, so not got that problem!)

I've not got an Optimate either, so the fact that the bike started on the button was a major surprise. All the more so because I've put the best battery on my other bike since it is used the most.

The Strada's the next best thing to a new one, and I'll be really gutted when it eventually goes. If only I had the space to keep it! (It's still stored in my sister's garage at the moment, and I feel a pang of guilt every time her hubby has to park his car outside!)

If the truth were told though, this bike has to be a better long-term 'investment' than any MV, since they're already at the top of the heap value wise. I can't imagine they'll rise much beyond their current values. On the other hand, surely the 888 can only appreciate. Time will tell, eh?

(Oh, and I'd rather break my leg than break this bike..!!)

Steve