Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 18-Sep-2005, 20:24
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
FFS............(spoiler)

Well, lets celebrate loris never ever looked like losing!

Now if only they could get those tyres working elsewhere!
Old 18-Sep-2005, 20:28
Dibble

you are kidding ?? he wasn't completely dominant ... and most the top riders crashed out ...... i felt for melandri ...... the dukes just not good enough over a season ....
Old 18-Sep-2005, 20:31
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
When we did the factory tour at the start of the year Minoli told us that the change to Bridgestone was in keeping with their markleting strategy for MotoGP. They didn't intend on making an assault on the championship, rather use the clear advantage that the Bridgestones had at one or two tracks to nab a win, like Tamada last year.

I guess it worked today but I think they nearly lost Capirex in the process. I know he signed this week but I wouldn't mind betting it was very close to him leaving. I wonder who will be on the other Ducati.
Old 18-Sep-2005, 21:12
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
te]Originally posted by DIBBLE
you are kidding ?? he wasn't completely dominant ... and most the top riders crashed out ...... i felt for melandri ...... the dukes just not good enough over a season .... [/quote]

No im serious! I thought , and it was commented on by Biaggi, the corner speed that Capirex could hold was in a different league to the honda/michelins! even though the enthusiasm was playing havoc with his racecraft, i thought he was just biding his time.

when he overtook Biaggi for the last time, he cleared off!
Old 19-Sep-2005, 00:45
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I would love to see Tamada on the second Duke...
Old 19-Sep-2005, 10:10
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i agree with andy. capirossi looked in total control to me. if no one had fallen i still recon he would have taken the win.

to me his riding looked very rossi-esque, just seeing where he could pass and then choosing his moment.

i have to say, i thought rossi's move was very poor riding, i read in the paper this morning that he wasn't trying to pass he just went in too fast. i recon thats rubbish he was going for the move but just misjudged it. nice to see he's only human though and glad no one was seriously hurt.

did anyone see the crash in the 125's i think. one guy highsided and his bike was lying in the track, another rider who was unsighted hit it full on. its was total carnage hardly anything left of either bike and he just hopped up and walked over to pit wall!
Old 19-Sep-2005, 15:02
BSB Star

Luthi was the first bike Dickie, nasty crash. That sceond rider, went head over heels over the bike, and walked away! Looked like a bomb had gone off.

As for the Rossi crash, he was trying to hard, he was catching Melandri, Capirex and Biaggi, then lost it nearly several times, he was struggling. Then showed us all he's not a machine, and made one hell of a mistake, or maybe trying the Sete move like at Jerez.... But failed.

Good race i thought, nice to see battles for the lead, instead of off into the distance stuff.
Old 19-Sep-2005, 16:24
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Dibble....too many donuts !!!!

Loris broke the lap record 11 times during qualifying set pole position and then won!!! If thats not a good day at the office I dunno what is.

Even if its not all roses for Ducati yet - lets pat Loris on the back, at least.

Franko.
Old 19-Sep-2005, 16:53
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I don't care about the ins and outs of "would Loris have won if....."

There are always ifs and buts, but that's racing. The only thing that ultimately matters is who crossed the line first.

I just think it was brilliant that Ducati took the win in the Japanese factories back yard and stuffed their party.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit