Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Sep-2015, 16:17
500SD

Back tyre was way past what I normally do on track, had worn past the wear bars on the r/h side and had started to shred the left side. Suspension pretty ok, just the tyre was worn!
Old 28-Sep-2015, 16:30
500SD

Bit of a general update:
Bike is fantastic, over 3k on it now.
It wheelies off the power in 4th and every gear over crests and bumps, I have dwc turned off (obviously ) so have to back it off when pressing on to stop it looping the loop etc.
Up/down qs is a game changer as is the semi active leccy suspension! Love it! You can feel the suspension electrics working when cranked over etc as a faint 'thrum' through the bars.
The spring in the exhaust valve is not strong enough to hold it open, symptoms are reluctance to rev out in 5th & 6th. Fix is to disconnect the valve servo power and lock wire the valve open. Wonder how many tests this has been occurring resulting in scoring it down on top speed etc?!
Latest generation Racetec RR tyres are mega, although they don't last long! Running a k1 front with 29psi cold and k3 rear with 30 cold on the road, about 3-4psi lower on track. You can feel the carcass flex when cold but it comes too when warmed. Lost feel when pushing the front when I tried higher normal road pressures, works great for at a lower pressure. Surprised at how much difference just a couple of psi makes. Used a K2 rear which was great but too soft track day hero/fast road antics. K3 more than good enough. Currently 2x K3 & 1x K2 rears to 1x K1 front.

Overall the 1299s is fantastic and we are lucky to have the chance to own such a machine.
Old 28-Sep-2015, 17:50
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Waaaaah! Want one even more now!!!!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 07-Oct-2015, 19:30

175mph down Park straight?
Old 20-Oct-2015, 08:47
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona63
175mph down Park straight?

To be fair 9300rpm in 6th is about 161-162mph I think!
Compares ok with bsbk speeds at bsb though if you look them up