Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:23
Big Twin

I am so glad that I have never got involved with DD !

I also sorry and dissapointed in saying I cant wait to get rid of the Duke this weekend.

It strikes me as this forum/dd race serries is all about who ya know and if yer face fits !

Perahps ducatis should be for the rich and more af a status symbol because this forum is not like it was 2 years ago when I stumbled upon it.

A common mans Gsxr is the way forward for me !

Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:24
Montjuic

Mood: Fannytastic
Thanks for wasting my time!

A person from the managment team rang me on Friday asking for information about camshaft lift measurement, this i couldnt answer, but was alerted that the rumor in the paddock was that somone was running 800 camshafts? I invited such person to strip my bike and check the lift of cam lobes to compare with the said illigal bike. This was not to happen, but the rumor was actually about the other Louigi Moto bike. I was asked by the management team member "what had been done to Doms bike" My reply was "only normal servicing"
They obviously didnt belive what I had said, Did they think I would lie to them? Not sure, but I thrive on my reputation.
I think this whole saga has caused me personly a lot of wasted time as now I have to reassemble a perfectly good bike, when I should be working, trying to earn a living.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:29
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefer
more to the point.
are you sure something has.
because with the amount of name slinging and bad mouthing that has been started at the beginning of this thread.
some people would seam very set in there decision that something has.
All I said was it was a bit boring.
What are those of you who feel something has gone on going to do ?
keep moaning like wh0res
or do something a bit more constructive

I'm sorry Keefer, but you're being a tw@t here. If your pride and joy was stripped down NOT because someone genuinely thought you were cheating, but to get back at you after your rider had voiced an opinion, I'm sure you'd be pi$$ed off too.

You weren't there and clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and if you're bored by it all, then don't read any threads from the DD section - it's quite simple. I don't read hundreds of threads!
Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
Thats right keep moaning Dom
Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:41
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefer
Thats right keep moaning Dom

Out of order - this is hard earned money invested here by one and all in a DSC run ( for now ) Series -If you've nothing constructive to say why bother ? Its all in the DD section - stop being lazy and search the forums seperatly if it bugs you so much!
Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:45
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Keefer,

I am usually absolutely resolute in that I won't get involved in the politics of racing and forum bullcheese.

BUT, I have seen both sides of what has gone on here, and even in the short time that I've ben involved in the series, and the short time that I've known Dom, Chass, and all the other DD folk...it doesn't take a genius to work out exactly what has transpired here.

If you're the sort of geezer that can suss a genuine person from a fake one within a few minutes of meeting them (as I consider myself fortunate enough to be), then a couple of mins with Dom and Chass will reassure you that the most underhanded thing they'll ever attempt will be to steal your pie while you're not looking (Dom particularly).

You ask why get all heated up, why not just let it go and move on, it's nothing really is it?

Well, because you haven't risked your ass every race weekend to achieve what you've always dreamed of, and you haven't put your money, time and effort where your mouth is to help that rider achieve what he (and you) have always dreamed of, only to have a conflict of personalities and interests try to sour what should be one of the happiest days in your life, using the most insidious, underhanded, backdoor tactics known to mankind.

I've met an awful lot of the DD padock in the short time that I've raced with them, and there has never, EVER been the slightest notion that Dom was cheating. I would simply love to know who the "bunch" of riders were that supposedly grumbled enough to instigate a protest.

There is a serious amount of gayness going on with some of the guys in the field. I raced at Donny, finished sixth in my first race and was then informed that some riders had been complaining that I shouldn't be allowed to come into the series and take points off the championship leaders. Realistically, there weren't many people I could have affected in that race points wise. One of them that could have been affected put in the protest at Snett. My answer to the complaint was "tell them to F@ckin ride faster"

Whatever happens, Dom and Chass are the salt of the earth in this DD paddock. Lose them and you lose a lynch pin that cannot be replaced by pompous, self absorbed, supersillious public schoolboys.

Nuff said (probably too much, but balls to it, I'm furious about it all still)

Cheers,

Tim
Old 04-Sep-2006, 22:59
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei

There is a serious amount of gayness going on with some of the guys in the field. I raced at Donny, finished sixth in my first race and was then informed that some riders had been complaining that I shouldn't be allowed to come into the series and take points off the championship leaders.

Bl88dy hell, us straight guys in Class B have missed a trick here - Andy Sheppard turned up at Oulton, wins at Snet and all we said was "well done, mate"...........

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 04-Sep-2006, 23:01
Ducati Meccanica

Its the Gucci handbags that cause that Paul
Old 04-Sep-2006, 23:07
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!

You should try on a nice feather boa, It'd suit you sir!

On a seperate note (whilst I'm still annoyed by it all). Who in their right minds believes that anyone that thought cheating had been going on all year, would wait until the last but one round to make a protest? Why now, why not at the start, mid point, or last round?

Surely, If there had been suspicion from the mid point of the season, then someone would have "encouraged" a paddock pariah.....er, I mean competitor to place a protest way before now...way before the day that Dom only needed a few points to clinch the championship...on a day when all he would have needed was to slot the "legal" motor back in to avoid any inspection nightmares...surely?

You'd have to be an utter simpleton to swallow that kind of cr@p.
Old 04-Sep-2006, 23:17
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Keefer,

I am usually absolutely resolute in that I won't get involved in the politics of racing and forum bullcheese.

BUT, I have seen both sides of what has gone on here, and even in the short time that I've ben involved in the series, and the short time that I've known Dom, Chass, and all the other DD folk...it doesn't take a genius to work out exactly what has transpired here.

If you're the sort of geezer that can suss a genuine person from a fake one within a few minutes of meeting them (as I consider myself fortunate enough to be), then a couple of mins with Dom and Chass will reassure you that the most underhanded thing they'll ever attempt will be to steal your pie while you're not looking (Dom particularly).

You ask why get all heated up, why not just let it go and move on, it's nothing really is it?

Well, because you haven't risked your ass every race weekend to achieve what you've always dreamed of, and you haven't put your money, time and effort where your mouth is to help that rider achieve what he (and you) have always dreamed of, only to have a conflict of personalities and interests try to sour what should be one of the happiest days in your life, using the most insidious, underhanded, backdoor tactics known to mankind.

I too keep well away from political issues too as a rule, all I want to do is turn up and be given the oportunity to race. We've all concerned about this though, because it's potentially a serious threat to the series we all love so much, and have invested so much in.
It's not that the protest happened - Anthony has every right to protest Dom's bike, provided he's prepared to pay the fees, I don't believe anyone has a serious issue with that. It's the fact that he's been sponsored to do so by persons as yet undisclosed, and "encouraged" to do so by the race committee, that we're finding hard to swallow. I'm another that has never suspected Dom's bike of being in any way illegal, and I've personally never heard any rumours or opinions expressed by any other riders to that effect either. I shall keep riding in the series (as long as there's a series to ride in) and I'll wait for all the facts to be presented before making any accusations, but it certainly looks more than fishy from where I'm standing, and it's easy to jump to the conclusion that the protest was pushed forward as a form of personal attack on Dom rather than being based on any real evidence. No doubt the true facts will come out over the next few days, and if that is the case then I would expect some action to be taken.