Old 13-Oct-2004, 21:25
Ducati Corse

Be Happy ...

... first service on the MV was £425
Old 13-Oct-2004, 21:27
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
749r service costs

Just a couple of points lads,JHP charge as per Ducati service charges with a 600 mile service coming out at £220 to DSC members,with free collection within 50 miles.
As FP says what they dont know about 749r's isnt worth knowing and if i had been in the position of having had two wildly different quotes i would have phoned JHP and asked them if the price was correct and if so why the large difference.
I know when my bike had its 600 they did several other little tweeks and checked things that wernt on the service schedual.
Lastly has it not been said before on this board that this is not really the place to be having a swipe at dealers,remember lads the first place to go to if you have a gripe is back to the person that that you have the issue with.
I will now vacate the soapbox,next please!
Butch
Old 13-Oct-2004, 21:48
Mille

Butch, Point well made but in the end people will vote with their feet especially when charges are over and above what other official Ducati Dealers are charging for the same job.As the saying goes "you pays your money and take your choice" or something like that and as Henners says it could be a lot worse!
Old 13-Oct-2004, 22:02
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Bazzer,i couldn't agree more but the point was that JHP's charge was £220 which was within a knats doodar of Ducati wolvy.
Old 13-Oct-2004, 22:14
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
IMHO service is a two way thing! you take your bike to the place where you are comfortable with the people who look after it!

and price is down to LABOUR rate Which is in turn down to overheads ETC ETC SIMPLE

so Pedro do you wanna take your bike to someone you don't know and not be sure of it ? or take it to someone you do know !!

price is the price!.........IMOH mav
Old 13-Oct-2004, 22:16
Mille

Butch,Without knit picking i paid about £270 a good £50 difference - this debate could go on and on,its a bit like Tyres everyone has personal preference and I think the same applies to dealers.I may of course have a different view once they have done some work on my bike!
By the way your bike looked and sounded fab at Rocky and where did you get the trackday bodywork?
Old 13-Oct-2004, 23:25
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I think i would trust jhp second to none!

If someone else said they would do a proper job cheaper, i would still doubt it!

Our bike are such technical things, that i wouldnt trust just anyone.

Incidentally, i would trust Baines Racing, a long established "import Duke dealer" a lot further than the majority of so called uk dealers close to me!!!

Its about reputation, rather than cost!
Old 14-Oct-2004, 09:09
Ducati Corse

Hmmm ...

I think this came from Snap-on Tools:

The quality of the work is remembered long after the cost has been forgotten
Old 14-Oct-2004, 15:17
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
If you were getting your 749R dialled in to perfection, I can understand that JHP's expertise and workmanship would make a big difference.

Hard to see how JHP expertise could be considered 'value add' on a routine first service though, unless they do a finer oil change.
Old 14-Oct-2004, 16:42
Big Twin

Mood: r
so i rang jhp today to get another quote,"185+vat" i was told..ive booked it in etc. about 20mins later MR JHP rang me,we spoke in length about my monday quote & how the service should be fixed (unless the bike wasnt under warrenty).hes even coming around to collect it (as mrs pedro is about to give birth anytime).. so now we are all singing of the same hyme sheet.every bodys happy now.johns a top bloke for ringing,glad its all sorted out, wonder if im havin a boy or girl?