Ducati Sporting Club UK
DSC & Ducati Events
Local, national & worldwide Ducati related event notices

Old 29-Sep-2013, 19:13

East Yorkshire DOC/DSC branch anyone?

I have recently put out feelers through DOCGB regarding the possibility of forming a branch for East Yorkshire. To give the inception of a branch meet a chance I propose to have 2 dates in October so everyone interested may be able to get to 1 if possible (that’s 2 nights in the pub for me then!).
Meet venue – The Goodmanham Arms, Goodmanham, YO43 3JA.
Meet dates – Tuesday 8th October 2013 at 7:30pmand
Wednesday 16th October 2013 at 7:30pm
I appreciate it’s not a great time of year to get people out as winter approaches. However, if you live in or around the area and are interested please PM me or leave a message on the forum. Hope to see some of you on these dates whether you attend by bike, car, van or walk!!

Last edited by dutchy916 : 29-Sep-2013 at 21:42.
Old 29-Sep-2013, 21:20
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Well done you!

Nice initiative and I saw quite a few Ducati's at the Buell event at Lincs heritage museum...

How about contacting local bike forums and maybe Ducati Leeds and getting them to spread the word?

Good Luck - Frank
Old 29-Sep-2013, 21:47

Hi Frank,
Seemed strange to me that there wasn't a DOC branch in Yorkshire! Seen a few Ducs about this year and thought it's got to be worth trying to pull some of us together, even through winter!
Got some interest thro' the various forums so Ducati Leeds may be next step
Old 30-Sep-2013, 01:40
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Sounds like a plan!

Here in Essex we have the informal Pub Night once a month which runs through the year. That makes it a great social event where you can get together, chat and generally get to know each other rather than expecting people to arrive on bikes and do rideouts.

It might be worth considering doing the same? You can still have a real bike meet as well, and going to a dealer is a great way of doing that, but keeping up the social side over the winter is a great way to keep people together.

If you want any help from us, we already have Regional Organiser cards available that you can give out if you want. Just drop me a PM and I can put some in the post for you.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 30-Sep-2013, 13:09

Hi Antonye, thats pretty much what I'm hoping for/expecting especially this time of year.
If we can get like minded people together thro' winter then ride outs and more organised event attendance will surely follow.
Thanks for the offer of help (appreciated), at present I'm not a DSC member and although I've come at this from a more DOCGB angle it's about getting as many East Yorkshire 'Ducatisti' together as possible.
Old 30-Sep-2013, 16:34
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
You're welcome to a handful of cards if you want them - they're quite useful as you can scribble meeting & contact details on the back and give them to people or leave on bikes! Just drop me a PM if you want some.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg business_cards.jpg (163.2 KB, 3 views)

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 09-Oct-2013, 10:15

Just a note to say thanks to all who came out last night to get the East Yorks DOC/DSC branch up and running. Hopefully more of the same on Wednesday and we can get the branch on the map!
As the last to leave I enjoyed hearing the village of Goodmanham echo to the sound of some twins setting off, may there be more of it!
Old 09-Oct-2013, 10:56
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Glad it went well!

Nights for me last night and tonight so not a chance for me sadly...

I seem to remember (maybe THREE years ago now) D.L. getting involved with Squires during winter and putting on a crackin Ducati event for new bikes / clothing launch and quiz and raffle too...

Hard to keep interest high in the winter months, maintenance sessions perhaps, how to change belts / check valves, lick a bike clean etc etc

Hope it goes well.
Old 12-Oct-2013, 14:38

By way of 'bumping' the thread back to the top. I would like to extend an invitation to anyone interested to come out to the branch meet part 2 on Wednesday 16th October. All details are in the first entry of this thread or PM me for any further information
Old 18-Oct-2013, 20:17
Ducati Corse

It was a good turn out for a very wet night! See you again in 3 weeks.