Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Apr-2005, 18:19
BSB Star

Antonye, i believe your being devils advocate, and fair comments, if a bit harsh.

And as Jools says, these things can take time, and you should demand a response by end of next week, and the faulty parts returned to you. Write to the MD of Ducati UK.

What ever the product is, if it could have caused death, this has to be sorted, period.

You can always seek a second opinion, if you don't agree.

All the best TF.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 18:20
Mille

This is as clear cut a case for a goodwill warranty as I have seen. Ducati should pay for the bike to be restored to "As New" including replacement plastics. That is what a class company would do. Furthermore, they should think themselves lucky no-one was killed on a nearly new Ducati with some kind of mechanical component defect.

Some years ago, I had a 5 y-o 35,000 mile BMW318 (old shape). The book specified that the cam belts should be replaced at a given interval otherwise the engine would seize and sure enough, mine did. They put in a brand new replacement engine under a goodwill warranty.

This is a no-brainer. Just hope it gets sorted out soon.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 18:23
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
TF, remind us where you purchased the bike from again????????
Old 27-Apr-2005, 18:47
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I don't think that's relevant Jobr. My dealer has been chasing this as much as I have, and they only supplied me with the bike they were given.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 19:07
Montjuic

Well we all now know, for a 100% certainty that Ducati do look at this forum. So hopefully, there will be a call soon and Twinfan will have a new 749 to ride or trade. For a brand like Ducati, the importance of good word of mouth can't be over stated, that's one of the main reason's full replacement parts were offered to me. Just think of the positive vibe a speedy and satisfactory result would engender. The longer this goes on the more mud get's thrown at Ducati's reputation. And as everyone knows... mud sticks.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 19:23
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I fimly believe that if YOU are adamant that there was a Brake failure, or problem that has caused this, then i would advise them you are thinking of initiating a legal claim, and then sets some reasonable deadlines.

I would also remind you of a little saying, 'you have to be in Court to settle it out of court!'

Every day this is prolonged, even if they are in the wrong, the money, cos thats what its all about, sits in their bank not yours!
When your in the wrong say nothing, when your in the right, shout shout shout!
Old 27-Apr-2005, 19:26
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
I don't think that's relevant Jobr. My dealer has been chasing this as much as I have, and they only supplied me with the bike they were given.

All my point was TF was if it was DM or FS as I think it might have been give your man a shout from Flyde who seems to be on a roll to correct the dealership reputation slipping any further on this board.

Just because they say they are doing everything doesn't mean they are, believe me I have been in retail all my life.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 21:11
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by Flanks
Antonye, i believe your being devils advocate, and fair comments, if a bit harsh.

Yes. I'll shut up now