Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 16-Oct-2006, 22:47
Mille

Mood: Ride with me, Ground Shaking comes as standard..
Wink Why does there appear to be this hatred?

So not wishing to bring up too much of this seemingly age old argument, nor do i wish to cause any conflict, i just want to try and understand. Hopefully someone can enlighten me?

I have read many a harsh word spoken from other owners and i cannot just get my noggin around it.

Basically why do so many people hate the 749/999 series bikes?
Journalists, other bikers, fellow Ducati owners.

Aesthetics seems to be the main point of concern yet, in my humble opinion from the first time i saw the pictures i absolutely loved the way these bikes looked. Now beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that b*lls, however the majority of people who sto to have a look generally say,

" you know when i first saw these i didn't like it, but i really really like them now"

how come? is it down to the iconic 916/748 et all range? so the immediate impact of the 749/999 range was a let down? People still rave about the looks of the predecessor which they have every right to as it was a stunner, but it was always going to be superceded, and i do believe whatever ended up replacing it was going to be hated on... much in the same way that whatever the 1098 looks like will be loved as it follows something that wasn't.
I hope the 1098 looks great, i've no doubt the 916 etc owners will say it is an improvement over "our" range but still not as pretty as "their" range...

i really believe it was the journalists that started it and everyone felt they had to follow along so they didnt seem like the odd ones out, i mean actually sit back and admire a 749/999 the next time you see one, owners alike, actually just sit and look at it, and i think you will notice a line you havent before or something to make you think, "hmm actually this is a really nice bike" (if you didn't think so already)

Personally i love them all. They all look great past and present, and if i could afford it i'd have at least one of each model. I think bikes are great, and i love riding, but im in love with Ducatis, as a whole...

Spread the love everyone....