Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Mar-2005, 15:40
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Sorry Sonic, stealing your thread a little ...

Advice for Brands. Make sure you take at least 2L of water and keep drinking it throughout the day - even if it's not hot you want to keep yourself hydrated. Remember, if you're feeling thirsty you are already dehydrated. Eat regular small snacks too, banana's are good.

As for fuel, there is a petrol station not far from the gate heading back towards the M25 at the roundabout. It depends on whether you are riding there or taking a trailer/van but I would recommend taking some fuel in a jerry can or something similar.

Above all, just take it easy. Warm up your tyres before you push and build up your pace. Don't rush and don't be afraid to ask to move groups if you feel you should.
Old 29-Mar-2005, 15:47
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
dont worry, reason for clearance issue has been identified and will be sorted.....anyone got the dialing code for sweden?

Ohlins anyone

What were you grinding BTW?

bellypan, both exhausts where the brackets connect the 2 bits of pipes just below the rearsets. wasnt doing it at rockingham but was taking it easier, hopefully turning quicker, and had probably ground away most of it anyway!

oh yes, sonic.......brands hatch..........

pretty much as tony said really if you dont have a track guide i could copy mine and post it to you if you think that would be of help. if you havnt seen one it gives you ideal line/braking points/turn in points etc. every rider is different but gives you a good idea of where you should be.

[Edited on 29-3-2005 by dickieducati]
Old 29-Mar-2005, 15:50
Mille

Mood: bleedin ecstatic!
Cheers all the advice! Didnt expect so many replies so quickly!!

Definately take jerry can / bananas / water with me so thanks for that. I take it that means they dont let you out the track to get fuel once the days started?

Wylie - Yep, the one and the same, its your advice im taking on the school, thanks again

Rattler - Im taking the 25th (hopefully, still waiting for the response from ESS email...) SPORTS day.

Apart from crappin myself about dropping the bike im really looking forward to it, but after going there yesterday to watch the BSB, that first massive drop after the start looks a bit hairy, I think ill try taping up the complete bike just to make sure
Old 29-Mar-2005, 15:51
Mille

Oh, and cheers anyway for offering Rattler, appreciated
Old 29-Mar-2005, 15:55
Mille

Cheers mate, I might just do that...

(He might be the guy I talked to when I first rang, ended up talking about bikes for 3/4 hour at work, completely convinced me to do a track day with them and put my mind at rest, nice guy, knows his stuff to)
Old 29-Mar-2005, 15:56
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by sonic
Apart from crappin myself about dropping the bike im really looking forward to it, but after going there yesterday to watch the BSB, that first massive drop after the start looks a bit hairy, I think ill try taping up the complete bike just to make sure

I thought the same thing on Friday when I was driving the van in, remembering how much of an elevation change it is. I just took it easy and followed some other people through the first couple of times just trying to understand where I should be etc.

If you do that you'll be fine.
Old 29-Mar-2005, 15:57
Mille

The only thing i need now is a back protector, Tony from ESS reckons a complete spinal one, anyone know a good 'un? (ive got Dainese 2 piece zip arounds)
Old 29-Mar-2005, 16:01
Mille

Yeah, thats what Tony said, and also why I want to go with ESS. I need to know how to handle this kind of bike (sports), its a complete waste having such a machine and not knowing how to use it properly. They take you round slowly, show you the track and then take you round a little faster bit by bit at your pace.. really sounds like the best plan. Pretty much like you said.

I didnt get to see the lap times, but those BSB boys must have been making it round there in a matter of seconds, not minutes. Not a very big track which is probably also a good thing as its less to remember when your starting out....
Old 29-Mar-2005, 16:02
MotoGP God

Pole time was 46 seconds something I think.

R6 cup boys fast laps were in the 51's .... not that I was taking a LOT of notice

Old 29-Mar-2005, 16:05
Dibble

Sonic.

You can get in and out of the circuit all day through the access tunnels .....