Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Jul-2006, 23:44
Mille

It would be nice if they ran

EOB light on again popping and farting.
on its way back to dealer again!!

Mark

Last edited by mark749s : 30-Jul-2006 at 10:43.
Old 30-Jul-2006, 11:37

Mood: Brused and Battered
I have just had the exact same problem and i can tell you it's been driving me mad

But i think i've sorted the problem now and it turned out to be the fuel pump relay had corroded but i am warning you its a bitch to get atyou have to remove the left hand side of the fairing and remove the battery undo the 3 bolts that hold the cover on. There is one at the top and one at the right hand side and one behinde where the battery sits in the middle. Then you can just about move the whole battery housing forward enough to get at the heat shield plate thats screwed on to the back. Now for the nightmare bit of removing the 2 screws at the bottom of the heat shield, For this you will need a small phillips scewdriver thats short and stubby.

Once you have removed this you will be able to bend the heatshild out a touch to get in to the back and right at the bottom ther is tucked inside held in by a rubber band thing a relay that plugs into the wireing loom. If you unplug it you will see there is loads of green corrosion on the terminals clean them up and and make sure there is a good connection there. I would then recomend putting some isulation tape round round it to help keep it dry, Also while you have this all out i would check that all the other plugs that are behinde there are lubed up and pushed together. Now you just have to put it all back together
Old 30-Jul-2006, 11:51
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
You can tell it was not designed by the germans or japanese.
The way the italians let you caress your bike head to toe in order to complete the most basic of tasks is most adourable.
Old 05-Aug-2006, 00:21
Mille

the word from the dealer is that it was the power commander that was causing the problem.
A new PC3 is being fitted
lets hope that sorts it for more than 1500 miles!!!!!!!!!

Mark