Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Jan-2015, 12:12
Bikes: KTM 250 - EXC-F Six Days

Mood: A bundle of joy at 05.00 Hrs - getting progressively worse as the day goes on.
Wanted - Looking for a 999

Hi All.

Casually looking for a 999 - preferably an S and preferably a mono.

Was converted from IL4's in 2000 with a parallel twin - TRX850 - Wonderful bike. This lead to a 916 which I rode for 8 years and loved the thing, but it felt like it was a bit of a monkey on my back, as in always wanted one but for some reason a pang of guilt came up every time I thought about swapping it out. I stabled it up with a Hypermotard 1100 to keep its miles down.

Early last year I let them both go and pick up an RC8R. Awesome machine, but too much for my needs and not red.

Got myself a KTM 250 EXC six days and have enjoyed a summer/autumn of back to dirty basics.....BUT I miss the road, the track and the touring.

I know the market is pretty baron this time of year, next purchase will be a 999 and I have been looking at 999/999s on ebay / MCN / Biketrader

Where else do they pop up. Thanks. Nige -
Old 25-Mar-2024, 11:59

999s

Ducati 999s Biposto 2003. 25k miles. Service history. Owned for 14 years with no problems. New belts, battery, chain and sprockets. Comes with front and rear paddock stands, pillion rear subframe, original exhaust. It's an investment £6000.