Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 27-Aug-2011, 09:57

Newbie - 620 Sport FF

Hello everyone,

Sorry got right into posting about the clutch slip and forgot to be a little polite and say Hi.

Well this is my first Ducati, not the most alluring of bikes but I bought it as I thought it was a cheap deal.

The bike is a 2 owner Silver 620i.e 2004 so last of the ones registered before it was sent to its death as a model.

Those of you who frequent fleabay may have seen it up for grabs, nice bloke who sold it low mileage and in good all round condition.

I bought the little 620 as I thought cheap way into ownership and it looked a little different, however I bought it without even seeing it or test riding it as I was working in Sweden earlier this year, collected it on a home trip and found the slipping clutch :-(

Rode it home parked it played with the clutch a little then took it to bits and left it in the garage as was still supposed to be in Sweden now, but as all things in life company changed it's mind and so once back in the land of normality (apart from the riots) I set to work on the clutch the rest in is the other post.

So hopefully I will keep this little toy for a while it is number 18 in my bike history this is my first step into Italian's.

Friend has a couple of ladies 998s and a 1098s of which I broke the 1098 on a ride a few weeks back when a spring let go in the gear selector was gutted such a lovely bike to ride.

Bit long but hope to see some of you when I am out and about in Hants, I see the local group goes to Loomies one of my faves and also Boxhill which I am still a virgin to get too due to he damn cycle race 2 weeks ago.

TTFN from a nice hot Portugal where I am on hols for another week :-)
Old 27-Aug-2011, 10:41
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Alright for some on hols in Portugal
Welcome to the club
The crowd that frequent Loomies will look after you well.
And as you are at the virtual bar, mines a southern Comfort with a dashof ginger

Chris
Old 27-Aug-2011, 16:26

Chris can offer you a nice Sagres Cerveja chilled to 3 degrees by the pool lol