Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Mar-2005, 15:21
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Surely, everybody must know who it is by now anyway:-

Ex-wsb, ex-wss, tv commentator, runs a trackday company that has recently joined forces with Donington.

I don't think you need to name & shame anymore or blackmail them. Just stick to your guns Lily.....you're in the right.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 15:48
GTL

Mood: Sort of shuffling along .....
If it is James Whitham's set up, there seems to be plenty of unhappy punters ... mainly coming from the badly run / unsafe / no facilities / testosterone led sort of angle ....
Old 11-Mar-2005, 15:52
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
imho, for what its worth, don't wait till monday - name and shame now.

IF, this company is nationwide and as "popular" as is being intimated, then just think about the service that you will be doing for other people about to book a track day.

I can appreciate the frustration or indignation but to threaten the company with "pay me and I'll remove the thread/apologise" frankly doesn't cut it. It's blackmail and it seems a pretty popular choice.

If you're going to name and shame I personally think you have got to stand your ground and relinquish the faint hope of getting your money back - but think about how much money you will save other riders and how many times the "celebrity" will have to utter "we lost money on this".

Wonder how long the celeb will stick around when they don't pay him.

Good luck with getting your money back.

Alan

I don't intend to remove the thread as nothing i have said is innacurate or defamatory it is fact. If people chose not to use this company because of my comments then it is up to them.

I think it is fairly clear who i am referring to, however I know I am in the right and I fully expect them to honour my credit note against a single track day. I am being fair by waiting until next week as they are busy, but if they refuse then at that point I will take it further.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 16:11
500SD

Mood: Missing my Flash...
I fail to see what the problem is here regarding naming the company. Whether they honour your voucher or not, this thread has already given them a bad name, the damage is already done. Stop buggering about, get it over and done with and just name them!

[Edited on 11-3-2005 by ath748]
Old 11-Mar-2005, 16:17
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Felix already has
Old 11-Mar-2005, 16:23
Ducati in my Blood

I have chosen not to mention the company at this point and thats where I stand. It is fairly obvious who it is and other people have picked up on it.

I don't want to get into a slanging match about how good they are, I just wanted people's opinions on my situation in case I was overreacting.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 16:33
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
I don't intend to remove the thread as nothing i have said is innacurate or defamatory it is fact. If people chose not to use this company because of my comments then it is up to them.

I think it is fairly clear who i am referring to, however I know I am in the right and I fully expect them to honour my credit note against a single track day. I am being fair by waiting until next week as they are busy, but if they refuse then at that point I will take it further.

Lily, I would probably do the same as yourself and would have no inclination to remove the thread. That was precisely my point. Whats said is said, what's done is done.
Honour your credit note?
Is that any way to run a business how they have been going about it so far?

Publish and be damned.
But then again, it'll probably get pulled by the webteam if you're not careful. And you don't wanna get pulled by the webteam.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 16:53
Ducati in my Blood

Weeksy

I disagree

I have done a fair few track days and although many of the instructors are racers and if they are not taking someone round they may well 'test' a bit its not always the case and with many track day companies its not noticeable.

I have done trackdays with these before and although it doesn't particularly bother me (hence why i would use them) they do have a reputation for not having very good safety briefings and not having the best organisation or instructors. This is not just my opinion, this is something that is often bandied around by people who have been on or heard about their track days.

Maybe for racers like yourself that is a good thing, but many (possibly the majority) of people who do trackdays are not racers and don't want a race day they want a track day. Especially in novice groups.

But, my issue at this point is not really with how well they run their actual days its with their service to me as a customer.

I have no issue with their track days or track day reputation and this would not stop me using them, cuasing me inconvenience and trying to make it difficult for me to get fair treatment would.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 17:30
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Lil, why on earth are you waiting for them?
The customer is king, you have every right to get your credits sorted without any rubbish about representing Donnington. At the end of the day you paid money to the company, the fact that they may have to forward some of that to Donnington Park is not in any way your problem.
And as for, 'why don't you go away and think about it as I am busy' what sort of a bu*****t attitude is that!
Any business that is too busy to speak to thier customers does not deserve to have customers.
As for their trackdays, I agree with Weeksy on that one, I quite like the lack of nonsense, but that's just me :P
Old 11-Mar-2005, 17:44
Ducati in my Blood

I agree that it had gone a bit like that I that's not really my intention tbh.

Personally I don't think they are the best run trackdays, certainly not for a novice, but as I am not and they have never done anything that has been a big crime in my eyes I am not intending to decry their track days. I do however, have first hand experience of very poor customer service and fobbing off and i don't think that is acceptable.

I don't do threats etc, but I will take this further if its not resolved.