Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:04
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Bungi
I dont really have a problem with the policy, as without it it would be an advertising board, but if its something that has gone via the club ie special offer of discount to members, perhaps there should be a category opened up for these things, it is a bit difficult some times to knowor keep track of exactly what discount the club membership entitles you to with organisations or companies. so could it not be posted by the web team if its likeley to be of interest or benefit to members?

It's a good idea Bungi - something that is being worked on behind the scenes so we can have exactly what you suggest.

Please be patient.

One more point - if you have some constructive suggestions please let us know. You can send mail to webteam@ducatisportingclub.com or even volunteer to help yourselves?

Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:09
BSB Star

Bungi,

This is being taken into account, and Eamonn is looking into this. Problem is, things do not happen over night.

TP and myself are being fair and consistant. And to say taking it upon myself, is inaccurate to say the least. This policy was agreed at the AGM, and passed by the membership of the club. Yes, the membership of the club. Not the Management Team or the Webteam (at which time neither TP or myself were members of the WT). I think the debate lasted some time, before an agreement was made.

Mark.
Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:10
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
sorry Tony - why are we creating work?

Not intended mate, just looking at ways in which I can help someone I know, like and respect and offers good value to us without incurring any issues on here.

seems we always disagree these days....good job our kids get on

To be fair yours doesn't technically, because if you post Gary's offers they will conform to the policy. Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of that. But it is the open dissent and undermining of the policy and our ability to police it that I personally have a small issue with.

But by posting as an alias, which happened earlier and is what Keefer is advocating, it just makes work for me, Flanker and Eamonn to dig it out, check some things before removing the post and then going through the aggravation of people getting upset with us ....

I volunteered to do this job and accept that there will be times when I have to do it - no problem. It just doesn't need to be openly and actively encouraged on the message board!
Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:29

Mood: Discriminated Against
Firstly let me say I consider myself a member of this club foremost and part of a trackday company second. I have been a member of this board for more than 5 years, long before the company was conceived.

My issue wasn’t/ isn’t about advertising or not, I probably would not come here if it was full of adverts, no my issue is about the double standards that seem to be applied and the manner in which they issues are dealt with. Removing posts and reciting policy statements by U2U is never going to create an atmosphere of cooperation is it, you just need to look back at history (Kush Weaksy et al) to see that.

I could choose to add my trackday company web links to all my postings or use an avatar that gives the company details etc, but no, most of my postings are anonymous in that respect, however when were are offering something special to board members it seems crazy we cannot get the message across.

Most members will probably not be aware of the pervious encounters we have had with “Club Officials” about these issues, but this is by no means the first. Whilst both Catherine and Myself have been swept away by the support from club members/friends, support for a new venture from the club itself has been distinctly lacking until they need a free trackday or two for a prize.
Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:33
Mille

Mood: Meditating
oop's forgot to switch back to me
Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:36
MotoGP God

Gary - I am one of these officials that you talk about yet I run one of your stickers on my racebike at races and trackdays for free, was supportive of your company at the BMF stand and led people to your leaflets, was one of the first group of 7 to sign up for the 4th of July and came and saw you to say thanks for a great day. I think I've given you a fair amount of support actually.

It's like I said, I understand if you don't like the policy but simply expressing your unhappiness on here is not changing anything except my personal goodwill towards you. If you want to change the policy then do something and send an e-mail to the management team or webteam@ducatisportingclub.com

Fair enough?
Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Would it be wrong for me to say that 100% have just mailed me with thier off of 4 days in Jerez, hotel and transport £599.00
Or should I pull it.
Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:42
Mille

Mood: Meditating
LOL
Old 14-Jul-2005, 21:54
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hmmmm - I can see both side of the fence here and I now feel a bit guilty for posting details of 100% TD's in the past (even though my only connection is as a happy customer).

I have recently been 'councilled' on one of my postings which surprised me a little but, I didnt realise this was due to a change of policy.

Nevermind - I have faith in the MT to come to a workable solution with the interests of the DSC and its members in mind.

Good luck - Frank
Old 14-Jul-2005, 22:00
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Would it be wrong for me to say that 100% have just mailed me with thier off of 4 days in Jerez, hotel and transport £599.00
Or should I pull it.

exactly

just the sort of valuable post that is of interest, because its a special offer, additionaly it would be even better if more companines like this could be encouraged or saw the benefit of offering dsc members discount.