Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Series Information
Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 27-Oct-2013, 14:41
Bevel Head
Bikes: Anyones

Mixed racing series in 2014 ?

I'm hoping someone can shed a bit of light on this one.

The Hottrax website states -

The new Lightweight class puts 650cc twins such as MiniTwins Suzuki SV650 and Kawasaki ER6's out with Ducati Desmo machines and Honda CB500's etc. A mixed bag but plenty of action there I can tell you.

Does this mean grids of differing class bikes all out together ?
Old 27-Oct-2013, 17:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Not sure How Dave intends to run the many varied classes

As you say the bikes entitled to enter the lightweight/minitwins class is quite varied, and can include DD bikes, Ducati 800s, Aprilia 450s. SV650s, CB500s etc, depending on numbers this class may then end up sharing a grid with the likes of F400 and even the modern classics

The DD race will still be just Class A and Class B, otherwise I will be off talking to other clubs

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 27-Oct-2013, 23:28
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

I'm glad somebody else spotted this: my understanding is that the formula 400 series is seperate as is the lightweight from the DD races. Dave doesn't help the situation with the quote above but I think it's just referring to the lightweight series - which we can enter but you'd be significantly short of bhp as the limit is 72 not 65 in our series for A class bikes. Must admit I'm not a fan of changing our series as its spot on with A and B out together and I think are grids / support warrent a series / races of its own.
Old 28-Oct-2013, 01:03
MotoGP God

Quite right Simon, if DD averages 25 riders per meeting that's around £5600 per grid for two day meets

So with grids for MG1000, MG600, Mich Power Cup, Modern Classic (incorporating F400 Mega twins etc), that should be 5 grids pulling in £28k, then Endurance should pull in around £12K and the Allcomers on Sunday another couple of £k, so roughly £40k to £42k per weekend.

Track hire varies so some its hard to make any money on some and others its easier to make some money and what Hottrax try to do is even out the entry fees across the circuits.

Providing DD numbers stay healthy and pays its way there is no reason we should retain our own grid and with other clubs having expressed an interest in hosting DD in the past, should things change we can always consider other options. Although EMRA was never one of them

Old 28-Oct-2013, 07:33
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Looking at what Dave has put up yes it is unclear but here's what I think he hopes will happen but I could be wrong.

Modern classic now has 5 different classes, I think he is hoping he will get enough to run this as one race

F400 and Lightweight will be combined and again if he can get a big enough grid will run a seperate race.

DD will run its own race.

If he can't get enough for the Modern Classic and F400/Lightweight he may run this as one race but that's seven classes in one race so you'll get a trophy just for competing

Do we know if we will be televised again as there's no mention of it on Hottrax website?
Old 28-Oct-2013, 11:26
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

Dave M explained at the end of season wash up that there would be extended TV coverage for the DD series in 2014. This would applied to all the series as the TV allocation was increased. If I recall correctly he explained that they would show more than just one DD race.
Old 28-Oct-2013, 11:52
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger san
If he can't get enough for the Modern Classic and F400/Lightweight he may run this as one race but that's seven classes in one race so you'll get a trophy just for competing

Not sure how many Vouchers he will be giving away

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger san
Do we know if we will be televised again as there's no mention of it on Hottrax website?

As Simon says (I remember that game) Dave mentioned extended coverage, which I understand is 3 X one hour programs, 1 hour for Endurance, 1 hour for two MG1000 races and 1 MG600 race with the Grid setups as with stands warmers etc. Should be fun at places like Cadwell or Brands if your in the outer paddock. That leaves a 1 hour program for the other classes/grids

Old 28-Oct-2013, 12:28
Bevel Head
Bikes: Anyones

That sort of answers it.

I really hope it doesn't go the Thundersport way, with 3 different classes out to make one big grid and 3 races within a race.

It's horrible trying to battle with other bikes on the DD's, bloody things get in the way in the corners then disappear down the straights.

( A bit like Ghost.)

Old 28-Oct-2013, 13:20
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 999
It's horrible trying to battle with other bikes on the DD's, bloody things get in the way in the corners then disappear down the straights

That'll be them Endurance guys on their 600s

Old 28-Oct-2013, 13:44
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 999
That sort of answers it.

I really hope it doesn't go the Thundersport way, with 3 different classes out to make one big grid and 3 races within a race.

It's horrible trying to battle with other bikes on the DD's, bloody things get in the way in the corners then disappear down the straights.

( A bit like Ghost.)

Mark your,. just a bitch at times.