Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 05-Oct-2005, 12:07
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Airwaves Ducati stay in BSB

Just had email from them:

Airwaves Ducati head to Brands Hatch in Pole Position

GSE Racing today confirmed they will be competing in British Superbike next season and rider Leon Haslam has also confirmed that he will be staying with the team. After a hugely successful year GSE Racing and Leon especially are relishing the prospect of another highly competitive year in the British Superbike Championship in 2006.

After twelve rounds and 24 races the Airwaves Ducati team will head to Brands Hatch to decide the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship.

After an incredible display of top quality riding in Round Twelve at Donington Park the Airwaves Ducati rider Gregorio Lavilla will go into the final round with a 13 point lead at the top of the table. The Spaniard’s team-mate Leon Haslam, who had two podium finishes at Donington, will be looking to finish the season off in a similar style.

With 50 points available from this weekend’s races only two riders are in contention for the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike title, Airwaves Ducati rider Gregorio Lavilla and Japanese rider Ryuichi Kiyonari.

This will be the second time that the riders have visited Brands Hatch this season although this time they will race over the longer Grand Prix circuit, widely renowned as one of the biggest challenges in UK motor racing. Having raced here in Round One over the shorter Indy circuit, notching up some good results, the team is likely to be spurred on by knowing that GSE Racing is going to remain in British Superbikes for another season.

Haslam and Lavilla have both expressed how comfortable they now feel with the Airwaves Ducati 999F04 and after the last race at Donington Lavilla was overjoyed with his first BSB race double saying “I know Brands well and the performance of the bike is now very good so I’m hopeful for the last round.”

Leon was also happy with his performance and the team’s one-two in the second race at Donington Park saying “Race two was perfect for us and I was really happy with the bike. The more one-twos for the team the better and I’m feeling good going to Brands Hatch for the final round.”

The Championship will be decided in front of a crowd of thousands at the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit and Colin Wright the GSE Racing Team Manager said “We’re in a great position going into the last round and we’ll be concentrating on finishing the job at Brands Hatch.”

So as the season draws to a close at Brands Hatch the Airwaves Ducati team will be looking to propel themselves to the 2005 Bennetts British Superbikes Championship in their first season back in the competition
Old 05-Oct-2005, 12:54
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
What's going to happen to Lavilla though???????
Old 05-Oct-2005, 13:12
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood

Would love to see him stay on a Ducati but where?

Motogp - D'Antin second rider?
WorldSBK - Rumours Lanzi and Bayliss
BSB - ?
Old 05-Oct-2005, 14:19
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
NCR Ducati???
Old 05-Oct-2005, 18:29
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
The important thing is...let's hope that BSB 2005 is a Ducati affair...
and be competitive also for 2006..
Old 06-Oct-2005, 11:52
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
The press release says they will be competing in BSB, it doesnt say they will remain in BSB! There is a difference, as.....

I thought that Colin Wright commented that they may run in BSB and WSB.......................
Old 06-Oct-2005, 12:10
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood

Ooh now that is an interesting twist...

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit